Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
is it just me? After this last update it simply won't load, it says, ...Loading, please be patiente, and then...nothing...it shuts down and that's all.

Any thoughts?
I haven't had any issues on mine so I don't know what could be wrong.... Can you look into (or send me) the log file (/home/user/.mycontacts/log.txt) for clues?

Felipe

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
I guess it didn't even create one, cause I can't find it anywhere...how can i install the previous version again?

Thanx

Rodrigo

you have to delete the .MyContacts folder. This will fix the startup, and now it's really fast.
Just the widget doesn't bring up any phonenumbers.
Contacts can be added to the groups, just clicking on them in the widget doesn't do anything.

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
you have to delete the .MyContacts folder. This will fix the startup, and now it's really fast.
Just the widget doesn't bring up any phonenumbers.
Contacts can be added to the groups, just clicking on them in the widget doesn't do anything.
You don't actually need to remove the .mycontacts folder and probably will not do any difference anyway.

If you want to remove the previous configuration files they are stored somewhere else (/home/user/.config/Crochik/MyContacts.conf) but it should not matter.

After playing with the installer just found out the problem with the clicking on the applet. The default setting for the "double click" is wrong. Just go to the settings on the application and change the double click to medium and it should start working. I didn't see before because if you had the previous version installed would not be an issue.

Please let me know if it will fix the problem.

EDIT: just uploaded a new version to the repository that will start with the right default setting for the double clicking on the phone.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-06 at 21:56.

New Version submitted to repository - 0.8.7.3-1

This is the same of the previous release today but with the default settings fixed.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Just so you know there is another thread on how to add more desktops...I haven't tried but ....
yeah bro cheers, i read that thread a while ago too, i haven't tried it either but i know users who did and it causes too many problems from what they said to be a worthwhile mod to my device

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
yeah bro cheers, i read that thread a while ago too, i haven't tried it either but i know users who did and it causes too many problems from what they said to be a worthwhile mod to my device
Now you don't need to! The last release will allow you to change the widget size (1,2,3,4 or 5 columns of contacts per group) as you requested. Enjoy....

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Let me know if you are willing to run a test that should avoid this error - please send an e-mail to mycontacts at crochik dot com and I will send you instructions.

Anybody else experiencing the same issue is also welcome.
Before willing & running a test, may I ask about something to try first?
1. How many desktops should I clear up for "MyContacts" before installing?
2. After downloding & installing from Application Manager, should I reboot first before starting the programs?
3. Should I start the program from the menu (top left of a desktop)?
Or should I making a shortcut to a desktop first then start the program from that shortcut?
Or should I start the program from a command line, please tell me step by step if it's so?

I hope you don't mind to answer those, sound silly, questions?
Thanks, again!

Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
is it just me? After this last update it simply won't load, it says, ...Loading, please be patiente, and then...nothing...it shuts down and that's all.

Any thoughts?
I got the same exactly symptom as you have, with an exception, I've never had any successful installing the program.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
very very nice apps!
but using wav as ringtone is definitely not my cup of tea.. waiting for update on this.. hehehehe

now just serve it as my contact widgets..