Notices

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
Originally Posted by andyph666 View Post
So where are we supposed to make the mstardict folder?
home/user/My Docs/mstardict

The Following User Says Thank You to HRZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I really like this program! But how do you create/ find even more dictionarys? I'm thinking of a bilingual English <-> Swedish dictionary. I've only found a English -> Swedish.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
I really like this program! But how do you create/ find even more dictionarys? I'm thinking of a bilingual English <-> Swedish dictionary. I've only found a English -> Swedish.
Did you check these sites:

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dict...reedict.de.php
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andyph666 View Post
So where are we supposed to make the mstardict folder?
I'm going to add checking of /home/user/MyDocs/ at the start-up of application and if that folder doesn't exist, it will be automatically created.

Originally Posted by chealyte View Post
Oh, thank, yes there are a lot languages,

add- if you can have an option in the app to download need dictionary directly would be nice, some noob like me will not able to figure out where to download or move files around use X-terminal yet ..
I think, I will add a menu entry "Download dictionaries", that will open that site in browser just for now.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
Did you check these sites:

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dict...reedict.de.php
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/
I just found the revdanica-site in the Qstardict thread. Thanks! But I'm still missing some languages... If I find a free dictionary online, how do I adapt it for MStarDict?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
I just found the revdanica-site in the Qstardict thread. Thanks! But I'm still missing some languages... If I find a free dictionary online, how do I adapt it for MStarDict?
Have a look at the Wikipedia entry - there's a couple of links to documentation about creating StarDict dictionaries.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
home/user/My Docs/mstardict
I have looked for this thread in my N900 and can't find 'home' or 'my docs'. While pluged into the USB and browsing with my laptop, these folders aren't to be found.

I tried creating a 'mstardict' folder in the n900 inside a folder called 'documents'..and putting .dic files in there and still nothing..

Any help here?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
Originally Posted by raulito View Post
I have looked for this thread in my N900 and can't find 'home' or 'my docs'. While pluged into the USB and browsing with my laptop, these folders aren't to be found.

I tried creating a 'mstardict' folder in the n900 inside a folder called 'documents'..and putting .dic files in there and still nothing..

Any help here?
You do have to create the folder. just not in "documents". place it in MyDocs (if you open up filemanager, it's basically the first directory (the name of your Device)

it's easier to do all this kind of stuff if you setup OpenSSH and WinSCP - search for how to set this up on one of these threads because I cant remember how i set mine up.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
Current version is supporting:
- external stardict parser plugins (mstardict package include HTML, PowerWord, Wiki, XDXF plugins by default)
While Stardict dictionaries do show up, MStarDict does NOT show XDXF dictionaries (I have a subfolder web1913 that contains the Webster dictionary). Any ideas why this doesn't work?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Tags
dictionary, mstardict