Notices

Closed Thread
I have noticed something strange with Yappari on my n900. One of my contacts has a profile picture, and I have no idea how. I only have his mobile number in my phonebook and don't have any facebook or skype accounts merged on his entry. I don't even see a profile picture in Yappari for friends that I have on facebook/skype but I do in my phonebook.

I first noticed it a few weeks ago, and now I have whatsapp on android too I can see that this is his real profile picture. Is it possible that Yappari somehow downloaded the profile picture? This is not a bug report or anything, I am just curious - I have no idea how this picture ended up in Yappari

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Maybe he have the same profile picture with his gtalk account?
Because I have a friend who have the same profile picture on her gtalk and whatsapp account, and her profile picture shown in the address book because I put her gtalk account on the phonebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Maybe he have the same profile picture with his gtalk account?
I think you are right, almost I don't have this guy on any of my skype or facebook accounts and I don't have a gtalk account - I only ever spoke to him once for work. But I do have my contacts synced with google using syncevolution. I just logged into gmail to check if he had a picture there and it shows he uses google+ - so I guess this is where the picture came from. I had no idea syncevolution would download profile pictures.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ colombian
hi
how to change number yappari
QUIERO CAMBIAR CON URGENCIA MI NUMERO EN YAPPARI!!!!

I install a deb file
http://dl.sfcdn.in/download/EOhsJ2Hr...ri_v0.0.28.deb

I am going to change my phone and keep my phone number. What I have to do to register on Whatsapp again? To delete Yappari on N900 or what, I don't wanna be banned from Whatsapp. Any help?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
I am going to change my phone and keep my phone number. What I have to do to register on Whatsapp again? To delete Yappari on N900 or what, I don't wanna be banned from Whatsapp. Any help?
This surely applies to your question:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3059

Yappari sometimes it doesn't receive some messages they are lost this sucks

Sometimes it can be very important situation where you don't receive messages

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
wazapp guys fixed multimedia file sending issue! maybe a fix for yappari also can arrive?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
wazapp guys fixed multimedia file sending issue! maybe a fix for yappari also can arrive?
Ok, I'll take a look

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Had a quite funny visual bug. Probably Maemo related. Never had it before though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp