Notices

Can anyone who has got Anki to successfully run under Easy Debian tell us how they managed it? Which version of Anki was used? How did you solve the broken dependencies?

I've tried several different versions; tried solving the dependencies one by one and with apt-get -f install; and tried doing both with sid and with squeeze enabled. Same error every time for all recent versions -- only the old version in the lenny repository works, but I can't get it to open any of my decks.

Has anyone been able to get a working, syncing solution running under maemo? I was able to get ankimaemi running under maemo, but couldn't get it to open any decks. Ankiqt crashes when loading.

Grr... frustrated.

yay! finally got anki under easy debian working. just had to upgrade the pulseaudio package with sid enabled. works great with full sync, etc.

any chance we will get anki for N900 without easy debian sometimes?

Originally Posted by treofant View Post
any chance we will get anki for N900 without easy debian sometimes?
here, here. Loading takes a good while through easy debian, and the UI elements are tiny. Far from the ideal solution.

Anki works for N900 for me after the PR1.2 update. If you install from app manager, it has some missing dependencies. You have to install rootsh from App Manager and run the following in terminal:

sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit
exit

Now, try running Anki by issuing the command

anki

If it starts up without problems you may also launch it from the shortcut. If not, note down any error messages, see if this could be resolved by installing some other dependencies, or post back here for help

The only issue I'm having now is that the anki files from my computer are newer than the version for N900, so I can't use them, and the sync doesn't allow images. Maybe I'll just need to wait for the next N900 release...

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vienna
@dragly: Thank you for pointing out the missing packages ><.

I'm trying to run Ankimaemi and I installed some packages according to what it told me was missing (python-html2...) but now I'm stuck. I get

Code:
File "/usr/lib/ankimaemi/ankimaemi.py", line 31, in <module>
from gnome import gconf
ImportError: No module named gnome
I tried installing "python-gconf" and "python-gnome2" but didn't do it. I suppose does packages weren't the right at all. So I'm stuck now. Any ideas?

What version of python2.5-qt4 are you using? 4.7.3-maemo5?

I have experienced blinking/jumping screen but apparently turning off the toolbar has helped.

Have you managed to change fonts in settings? I can't read a thing there.

I've tried Ankimaemi but when in settings I choose "Open" nothing happens and I get an error

Code:
File "/usr/lib/ankimaemi/ankimaemi.py", line 282, in choose_deck
selector=hildon.FileChooserDialog(self.window,gtk.FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN)
TypeError: HildonFileChooserDialog.__init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
when I click "Learn more" or "Review early" I get:

Code:
File "/usr/lib/ankimaemi/ankimaemi.py", line 611, in opbutclick
    self.deck.extraNewCards += 5
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extraNewCards'
  File "/usr/lib/ankimaemi/ankimaemi.py", line 621, in opbutclick
    self.deck.reviewEarly = True
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'reviewEarly'

I would be really grateful for any help.

Last edited by morto; 2010-05-31 at 14:31.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Minsk
Maybe it's offtopic, but you can try 'Mnemosyne for Maemo', instead of Anki.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hmm... I have an (apparently) working install of AnkiQt 0.9.9.7.9-3 on Fremantle right now. It still needs some integration love, but at least it runs.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: