Active Topics

I was hoping the 1.2 update would fix this, but I no longer have the option to set up Nokia Messaging accounts through the email application. This has been going on for months. I have just been using Modest gmail and it is not nearly as usable as the Nokia Messaging setup. Any ideas?

Depending on your location, NM is locked to certain cellular service provider. Find out which one that is, pop in that sim, set it up and you can run NM!

I'm with T-mobile and it worked flawlessly until just a month or two ago. Are you aware of conflicts with NM and T-mobile (Arizona)?

Are you saying I would have to pop in a SIM from AT&T to setup NM on my phone even though I had it once before?

I use TMo and it works for me. That's weird

FWIW I previously had NM on an e7 and an e72 and it is now totally borked.

My addresses are in some knid of NM no-mans land

I just have to run regular

It's not the firmware, but its a problem server side. Nokia is adding more and more regions, sim cards and providers: http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/05/04/...rly-set-it-up/

Strange that it worked on my N900 up until 1 month ago. Perhaps coincidentally, it happened when I was traveling to the Pacific NW from Arizona.

Living in MN, USA and before I had the installed PR1.2 I had Nokia Messaging. Now, it's gone.... Anyone have a clue?

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by xtian View Post
Living in MN, USA and before I had the installed PR1.2 I had Nokia Messaging. Now, it's gone.... Anyone have a clue?
I had the very same issue. Reflashed the PR1.2 update + new emmc now Nokia messaging is gone.

Previoudly a reflash of the old eMMC would bring it back but even tried PR1.2. with the old eMMC that and it is still missing Nokia messaging in email providers.

Please anyone help us. I need it specifically for Yahoo email.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
I've got this bug too. Nokia Messaging was available when using my T-Mobile (USA) sim card on PR 1.1(.1), but when upgrading to PR 1.2 (clean install) it doesn't show up on the wizard anymore.

The solution I found was simply trying it with another provider sim card, I found a dead AT&T sim card, and set it up using wifi normally.

Here's the bugzilla entry for this: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9613 (marked as WORKSFORME :/)