Active Topics

Sozi is a small program that can play animated presentations.

Unlike in most presentation applications, a Sozi document is not organised as a slideshow, but rather as a poster where the content of your presentation can be freely laid out. Playing such a presentation consists in a series of translations, zooms and rotations that allow to focus on the elements you want to show.

Sozi is based on open standards. It is free software distributed according to the terms of the GPL 3.0.

I took it from here: http://sozi.baierouge.fr/wiki/sozi
It`s really great to make presentations that get the attention even for the most boaring theme..
It depends on:

Inkscape 0.48
Python 2.7
PyGTK 2.24 and Python bindings for Glade2 (Ubuntu provides them in separate packages python-gtk2 and python-glade2)
LXML for Python 2

I donīt know if it can be done
Is there a way to port it to maemo?
Thanks

Last edited by guilledoc; 2012-10-12 at 12:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I think inkscape is going to be a bit big and heavy on the N900 if it really needs inkscape installed, but the others ought to be do-able (dont know how easy). Presume you would plan on showing this via the TV out, not directly on device. Can the app output presentations to web pages with the dynamic stuff done in javascript? Or try something else that does something more supported?

The Following User Says Thank You to jgbreezer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jgbreezer View Post
I think inkscape is going to be a bit big and heavy on the N900 if it really needs inkscape installed, but the others ought to be do-able (dont know how easy).
I think so?

Presume you would plan on showing this via the TV out, not directly on device.
Exactly!
Can the app output presentations to web pages with the dynamic stuff done in javascript? Or try something else that does something more supported?
I donīt know.
I only think that it would be great to have this on our n900, and if thats itīs not posible how to run the presentation on it

Maybe it's good idea to try it on N900 via Easy Debian, first?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Maybe it's good idea to try it on N900 via Easy Debian, first?

/Estel
I was thinking that to.
As soon as I get an internet conection on my n900 will try to download it and I`ll post the results

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Are you planning to create these presentations on N900? Viewing/showing them seems work already.

About dependencies: Inkscape could be hard to get working and too heavy on phone, but of course possible, as audacity and avidemux. Other dependencies we already have, maybe we need updated versions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Viewing/showing How to?
And yes it would be great to create or modify a presenation in the N900 ofcourse if you can get bored of waiting to run the program or to modify something doesnt make sense

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
Viewing/showing How to?
And yes it would be great to create or modify a presenation in the N900 ofcourse if you can get bored of waiting to run the program or to modify something doesnt make sense
http://sozi.baierouge.fr/wiki/en:welcome
Is that 'moving' think sozi? Default browser and fennec show it without issue.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
It seems, that presentations produced by sozi are simple .svg (scalable vector graphic) files, with set frames. Cool! It means, that they can be played without problems via microB, as AaapoRantalainen said.

So, whole thing about running Sozi in N900 is centered around its (Sozi) ease of usage, for creating animated svg's? Maybe there are more FOSS, lightweight alternatives to that, not requiring inkscape?

Also, as GIMP is working fine through Easy Debian, no reasons, why Inkscape shouldn't. Sozi is just an extension to the latter.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-19 at 23:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Ok...
Installed Sozi in easy-debian First inskape and had to download Sozi-deb and installed through Debian-Chroot (it wasn't in repos?)

tried a little it last a litle bit to start (inskape) but then it's preaty usable I think. Dind't tried Sozi extention yet as soon as I can nd learn a litle about the use I'll give my impression.
Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post: