Hello,

Can you please upload this application.

I would like to test it on my Jolla C.

If you have all rootfs files saved.

Thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Hi,

is it possible to run Archlinux on Xperia X with SFOS 2.1.3.5?

https://github.com/Preflex/easy-chro...ases/tag/0.0.2

Anybody try?
anybody know where can I find all archives files please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
I've installed a chroot and the Chromium browser based on the scripts provided by https://github.com/elros34/sailfish_linux_chroot.

If there is no qxcompositor installed, the browser does not start and if I install the qxcompositor it starts in landscape mode. However, I would like to have the browser in portrait mode. Is there a setting where I can change the orientation?

I don't have a hardware keyboard but maybe the virtual keyboard from the webstore
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ddkoolinlfninn
works. Did anyone of you try this out?

The Following User Says Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
Scripts were inspired by Preflex work. Besides mention about it in README now I have changed license from BSD to GPL because that was probably initial license of Preflex's scripts and added him as a author to sources. Sorry for not doing it earlier.

Also I renamed it from ubuntu to linux and refactored scripts so other distros can be used. I was hoping to swich to debian because ubuntu use snaps for chromium now and that doesn't work in chroot but so far apps in debian 11 crash both with mesa and with libhybris. So for now only new distro is sailfish rootfs (kind of sdk). It can be used to compile and build packages without breaking device (libhybris -> mesa transition).

@woidboy
There is no ready to use script to do this but quick test with matchbox I did allow me to start chromium in portrait. It could be also done without matchbox: with --window-size= arg for chromium and that browser addon but in my test that didn't work in all cases. Don't expect too much. All is very hacky.
Code:
./chroot.sh
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=../../display/wayland-0  Xwayland & # make sure to run it when device is in portrait mode
sudo apt install matchbox
matchbox-session &
matchbox-keyboard &
chromium-browser

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
There is no ready to use script to do this but quick test with matchbox I did allow me to start chromium in portrait. It could be also done without matchbox: with --window-size= arg for chromium and that browser addon but in my test that didn't work in all cases. Don't expect too much. All is very hacky.
Code:
./chroot.sh
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=../../display/wayland-0  Xwayland & # make sure to run it when device is in portrait mode
sudo apt install matchbox
matchbox-session &
matchbox-keyboard &
chromium-browser
Thanks for your hints! Unfortunately, the default user is not in the sudoers list, so I cannot run `sudo apt install matchbox`. Shall I mount the ext4-file and add the user to /etc/sudoers or is there another workaround?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
sudo should works out of the box so something goes wrong during image creation. You should have /.ubuntu/usr/share/sfchroot/.create_finished.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Scripts were inspired by Preflex work. Besides mention about it in README now I have changed license from BSD to GPL because that was probably initial license of Preflex's scripts and added him as a author to sources. Sorry for not doing it earlier.
Don't sweat it. Thanks! You are correct that the stuff I wrote was GPLv3. I have no idea to what extent my license applies to your work.

Sorry I've been AWOL. Lots of heavy stuff going on. Additionally, I've been stuck with a Nexus 4 on SFOS 2.0.5.6. Try as I might, I've never been able to get a newer version up to snuff. Thus, I've been stuck on an ancient SDK, and development has seemed not worthwhile unless I can build for recent versions.

On the bright side, I ordered a pinephone today, so at least I won't be infuriated by hybris anymore. As I understand it SFOS on Pine still has some rough edges. Given my bizarre personal situation (and pandemic and whatnot) I don't know when I'll be able to contribute.

I deleted all of my github repos the same minute the MS buyout was announced. After what Elop did to us, I'm kind of shocked that any TMO folk still use them. The Idea that users would have to go through MS to access my work disgusts me even more than its unavailability (which I'm also ashamed of, but less ashamed than I would be by still having a github account in 2020).

It isn't currently on my desktop, because my SSD crashed a few weeks ago, but the code persists on a spare drive which is currently difficult for me to access. It's a low priority for me. I have bigger fish to fry, including housing and personal safety.

I've yet been unable to move over to Gitlab. I'd prefer a self hosted instance, however, I just don't have the code at my fingertips. But FSCK MICROSOFT FOREVER! I will never ever, ever, ever cooperate with them in any way.

Last edited by preflex; 2020-07-16 at 07:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
I hope these attached properly.
I'm using containers, and have issues with fitting programs to the screen. I've tried forcing settings with xrandr, and kwin_wayland, but no effect. Have any ideas about how I could scale the display?

Phone is Xperia XZ2c, running SFOS, community port.

I was able to launch a window with kwin_wayland <width> <height> --xwayland &, but it's just an empty window. Not sure how to get it to connect with container...

edit - nvm, I got it... https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...0&postcount=87
Attached Images

Last edited by levone1; 2020-09-08 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Anybody here have any insight into this...
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=192
(same issue here)
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=431
?

Thanks

@preflex @edp17 (or anyone) - Any idea about this - https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...65#post1573665 ?