This brainstorm is based on the votes received for Turn by Turn Navigation on Ovi Maps improvement suggestions.

Currently there is no Turn by Turn Navigation in Ovi Maps. However, this is an essential feature for a Navigation application. The only question is how should this be implemented.

Brainstorm Link

Last edited by qgil; 2010-01-27 at 20:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...rn_navigation/ moved to Under Development with Harmattan as milestone.

Solution selected: Solution #1: Free Turn by Turn Navigation

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
This brainstorm is based on the votes received for Turn by Turn Navigation on Ovi Maps improvement suggestions.
Hey Sasler,

Thank you for the work!

I would love to see a collection of links in each Navigation Brainstorm to all other Brainstorms at this Topic. Could you add something like this to this Brainstorm and "THE real BIG ONE" ?

After you have arranget this once, please just copy and paste it to every other splittet Brainstorm. (use the HTML Source Button at the top if it doesn't work on the easy way)

I think it could help the other users to find the related Brainstorms and Topics.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
would be great

Last edited by maluka; 2010-01-27 at 21:00.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Now let's fall on our knees and pray for Harmattan on the N900 :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Sorry about my ignorance. Is not this already implemented in the last ovi maps version for symbisn?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Now let's fall on our knees and pray for Harmattan on the N900 :-)
sadly, yes

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Does the Harmattan as milestone mean that Fremantle won't ever receive Ovi Maps turn-by-turn navigation at all??

I understood that Nokia announcement about Ovi Maps stated that starting March 2010 ever device GPS capable would be shipped with buit-in free navigation. Maybe they just talked about phones and can say the N900 is a tablet...

The Following User Says Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Does the Harmattan as milestone mean that Fremantle won't ever receive Ovi Maps turn-by-turn navigation at all??
Yes, not from Nokia!

Sometimes I'm shortly before to say: "We've bought the wrong device from the wrong company if we want something like this!", but I'm still patient enought.

So, our only hope is our strong community... We have to wait for projects like Navit. So, hopefully, when OviMaps is finished I'm using Navit since a long time. And then they can keep it. Including the advertising to finance their program.

Unfortunately we need Nokia for many other things to improve. Including the annoying thing in my signature.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Been around here long enough that "Fixed in Harmattan" comes as no surprise.

And by "long enough", i mean a few months.

Sigh

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: