Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
good idea, but will it work in practice?

is the question

How about the volume buttons? Digital zoom isn't really useful anyways, and we get 2 extra buttons

humm... why not open the keyboard and use those as a shortcuts? This way we'll have more keys than digital reflex can ever dream about. And is not that hard: open/press/close. idea is better explained in pic.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to erniadeldesktop For This Useful Post:
keyboard shortcuts, especially spacebar for record/pause would be clutch

i also got an idea for this its a just a suggestion and i dont know if it can work......wat abut just tapping the touchscreen 2 times will switch it to video mode and tapping twice again too camera mode...just an idea

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
i like the idea of the shortcuts on the keyboard... but i also like the lock switch as an 'on/off' switch...

maybe there is a way to make a program where you can specify whether flicking the lock switch will change lash/noflash, or still/video, or other settings...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
  1. The closed MCE will watch for the lock switch being slid and will naturally lock the tablet. This behaviour isn't configurable, so even if this was possible (coming on to it), you'd end up with a locked tablet each time.
  2. The closed Camera application offers no possible way* for the mode to be changed externally, so even if you do somehow figure out a solution to #1**, you're ****ed either way!

Damn. Is this a good time for me to promote the N900's openness, you reckon?

* I could be lying here. Some GConf keys' values are changed when the mode changes and camera-ui does apparently set a GConfClientNotifyFunc, but nothing happened when I changed a few. Probably re-read the next time the window is shown, which makes this useless.
** Yes, I am aware of this but that's not disabling it when the Camera application is showing only, is it?

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-07-26 at 10:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
  1. The closed MCE will watch for the lock switch being slid and will naturally lock the tablet. This behaviour isn't configurable, so even if this was possible (coming on to it), you'd end up with a locked tablet each time.
  2. The closed Camera application offers no possible way* for the mode to be changed externally, so even if you do somehow figure out a solution to #1**, you're ****ed either way!

Damn. Is this a good time for me to promote the N900's openness, you reckon?

* I could be lying here. Some GConf keys' values are changed when the mode changes and camera-ui does apparently set a GConfClientNotifyFunc, but nothing happened when I changed a few. Probably re-read the next time the window is shown, which makes this useless.
** Yes, I am aware of this but that's not disabling it when the Camera application is showing, is it?
what about fcam?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what about fcam?
Assuming it gets video capabilities, it'd be possible for someone to implement the keyboard shortcut idea suggested earlier in this thread. Using the lock switch won't realistically be possible due to #1.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
If you want to lock the phone whilst using the camera just press power button twice, i havent ever used the lock switch anyway, too fiddly its easier to press power button