I'm so fed up of waiting for PR1.2 I installed OSX on my N900.

Steve Jobs is my hero.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
@Laughingstok - nice photos of your girlfriend getting her tits out linked to on your signature ?! wtf!

edit: link for the lazy people: http://img215.imageshack.us/g/20100125002u.jpg/ - "N900 Album"
Don't be such a vagina. They're just tits.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
yeah i've got no problem with it but just wasn't sure if you were aware it was there... or more to the point if anyone else was
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
yeah i've got no problem with it but just wasn't sure if you were aware it was there... or more to the point if anyone else was
Initially I didn't. Someone a while back informed me of it, I went and looked, said "Oops" then shrugged and didn't really care. Nothing you wouldn't see on cable anyways.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Noooo! Misnomer! A MISNOMER I TELL YOU!

Anyway, who made you Arbiter of Biscuitness? A cake past a certain threshold of size and firmness is a biscuit, you, you... cake apologist!

(p.s. two packs... om nom nom)
Hmmm.. my lifetime of dedication to the cause has given me the ancient right to claim the title Arbiter of Biscuitness and I am not a CAKE APOLOGIST for I am also the Arbiter of Cakeyness too... (Also, I am friends with Abbie - Ruler of the Universe..)

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
jaffa cakes are definately cakes! i am now going to reveal my abject sadness and craving for seemingly useless information...

the definition of cake vs biscuit is cakes go hard as they go stale while biscuits go soft, jaffa cakes are excempt from a tax levvied on chocolate coated biscuits but not cakes, and once they baked a giant cake sized jaffa cake to illustrate the point.

i think i should get out more...
I can confirm that Jaffa Cakes do go hard for once I went away and left an open packet on the table only to come back to rock solid Jaffa Cakes... Fortuneatley they were still edible.. Phew!

Can you point me in the direction of the giant Jaffa Cake now please??

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by zail View Post

I can confirm that Jaffa Cakes do go hard for once I went away and left an open packet on the table only to come back to rock solid Jaffa Cakes... Fortuneatley they were still edible.. Phew!

Can you point me in the direction of the giant Jaffa Cake now please??
the original will be long scoffed by no, but if you have a spare £10.80 .... http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/332/

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
the original will be long scoffed by no, but if you have a spare £10.80 .... http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/332/
HOLY CRAP.

I must attempt that!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
This thread is starting to fill with Win, which makes it increasingly less controversial. This is an appeal for some more Fail, thanks in advance.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
This thread is starting to fill with Win, which makes it increasingly less controversial. This is an appeal for some more Fail, thanks in advance.

More jaffa cakes?

@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@

Bloomin' big jaffa cakes?

@

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
McVities classed its Jaffa Cakes as cakes, but in 1991, this was challenged by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise and the case ended up before the courts. This may have been because Jaffa Cakes are about the same size and shape as some types of biscuit, and particularly because they are commonly eaten alongside, or instead of, traditional biscuits. The court asked "What criteria should be used to class something as a cake?"

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes, producing a 12" (30 cm) Jaffa Cake to illustrate that its Jaffa Cakes were simply miniature cakes.

McVities argued that a distinction between cakes and biscuits is, among other things, that biscuits would normally be expected to go soft when stale, whereas cakes would normally be expected to go hard. It was demonstrated to the Tribunal that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale. Other factors taken into account by the Chairman, Potter QC, included the name, ingredients, texture, size, packaging, marketing, presentation, appeal to children, and manufacturing process. Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes.

Tags
controversy