Notices

Forget the above, that's not right, pnatd is part of phonet-at, but purging it would have you uninstall mp-fremantle-generic-pr which you don't wanna do.
Code:
apt-get --reinstall install phonet-at

Alternatively try just to setuid the pnatd executable
Code:
chmod 4555 /usr/bin/pnatd

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
alternatively try just to setuid the pnatd executable
Code:
chmod 4555 /usr/bin/pnatd
solved!!!

Send an SMS?

Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
Send an SMS?
yes, everything works exactly as you intended.

I cannot edit my bbdb entries though, but bbdb is a funny animal. But that's a trivial matter running through the .bbdb file a few times with a keyboard macro or two.

It's this type of function (sms/call from emacs) that makes this device so powerful, it's unfortunate that the number of folks interested seems so small.

Thanks for helping figure out my issues.

New version of bbdb-nokia-n900 v 0.3:
http://sumoudou.org/0/27.html

Modified script, so point stays on record selected in BBDB and doesn't move to end after sending an SMS, or calling.

I can't get the SMS script (http://www.paraiso.dk/pymaemosms.txt) working. I'm in the UK in case that matters and am feeding a number like
and a message like
testing testing

It says "Message sent" but the phone I sent it to gets nothing. Any ideas what could be wrong?

There's also nothing new in the el.db file but perhaps I shouldn't be expecting anything there anyway when sending an SMS like this? (That's actually a major problem for me -- I will want my sent messages to appear in history.)

Thanks

And it sounds like the Telepathy API way of sending SMSes would make more sense given that I want the message to be stored in "sent". What's the current state of that -- is there anything working and available?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
It's way connect to phone for send message, but not connect to Message application for send.
By dbus-send you send "direct_to_phone" as modem.

If I understand you correctly, I'm already clear on the differences between using dbus and Telepathy. But what I'm asking is whether the Telepathy API for SMS is working and usable -- and if so, where can I read about it?