Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Hi All,
Please explain me the uninstalling of Nemo from my N9. I have dual booted my N9 using the guide at mynokiablog.com
I have read the wiki page. it seems to a bit confusing.
Please help me!

Regards
Karthik

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Just re-parition your N9 to stock partitions and nemo will disappear...Oh and you'll have to do a full flash to get back to stock kernel and normal mode from open mode...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-17 at 12:03.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just re-parition your N9 to stock partitions and nemo will disappear...Oh and you'll have to do a full flash to get back to stock kernel and normal mode from open mode...
Thanks for the reply. Can u guide me in repartitioning. Im ok with the flashing part. But confused with the repartitioning.

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Please note that b) is already implemented, but there are concepts to have more screens than just a launcher and switcher. What you see now is on an early stage.

Also note that if you really don't like the UI, you can easily write one from scratch yourself and show you can do a better job, see for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeTOXaJiHTY
hi just seen this video on YouTube nemo mobile just looks so beautiful!! just wondering if you were going to implement this lipstick desktop design as a theme maybe for the N900 nemo? would be amazing and breath new life into the current desktop

it's looking fantastic on N900 and N950 can't wait till its stable to install on my N900

keep up the great work

ps are you guys on facebook i can't find you!

Last edited by lipstickshadeN900; 2012-09-26 at 01:36.

FYI: Dedicated subforum for Nemo mobile on OpenTablets:

http://opentablets.org/forum/42-nemo/

See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...04#post1273204

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by lipstickshadeN900 View Post
hi just seen this video on YouTube nemo mobile just looks so beautiful!! just wondering if you were going to implement this lipstick desktop design as a theme maybe for the N900 nemo? would be amazing and breath new life into the current desktop
I don't think that would be a great idea. We're going our own way, design-wise, and that seems to be working pretty well for us.

Originally Posted by lipstickshadeN900 View Post
ps are you guys on facebook i can't find you!
I don't think so, no

Small update of some recent work:

We now have the ability to filter the contact list, thanks to niqt:

The contact card also got a bit of an overhaul.

Instead of the 193571 buttons (multiplying exponentially the more you add to a contact), there's just a few. If you tap the call button, for instance, if you have multiple numbers, it'll ask you which one to use.

I wouldn't call it final, but it's a lot nicer than it was

Messaging/SMS integration now works too (meaning if you tap SMS/message, it'll switch to Messaging and actually do things!) - thanks to special.

Last edited by w00t; 2012-10-01 at 09:50.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Instead of the 193571 buttons (multiplying exponentially the more you add to a contact), there's just a few. If you tap the call button, for instance, if you have multiple numbers, it'll ask you which one to use.

I wouldn't call it final, but it's a lot nicer than it was

Messaging/SMS integration now works too (meaning if you tap SMS/message, it'll switch to Messaging and actually do things!) - thanks to special.
Thanks for your work!
While it is a nice idea to simplify, what if I need to read a contact's number to someone (while there's just one, so nothing will pop up when I try to call), copy it to an e-mail, compare two numbers etc.?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Yeah, compare things (and what i sorely miss on Maemo) duplicating a contact...

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
While it is a nice idea to simplify, what if I need to read a contact's number to someone
Good points certainly. I wouldn't call that design final, it certainly needs more love. It's just a lot more functional (and less ugly) than the old one

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: