Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
thats one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I have a facebook account, why? It's free communication since my social groups decided to leave MSN messenger from back in the day.
That, with high probability, just means you are more of a follower-type person; Going with the flow, and so on. Instead of making up your own mind about things if they are really easible, even if that means resisting the direction your group(s) or society takes, or making life not easier. Oh, did i mention that the most outstanding word / reason in your reply was "free"?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-01-06 at 14:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
It is a choice. If you want to use it, have at it! Go vote.
If you don't want to use it, don't. But how do you vote?

Facebook is a proprietary solution and a company that claims that they are open and unlike, sure not showing that. They are just following like every other company out there.

N9 was not sold with a requirement to sign up for Facebook. So, how did they come up with the assumption that everyone who ever bought N9 will have a Facebook account. Or change the heading to "How many Facebook users still use there N9"

This makes me wonder if Jolla only care about followers and proprietary solution users while acting like a "Open" company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Have they ever said they are open? All they are saying is that they are unlike. They could be totally closed, even with mer. We have to wait and see. Don't like the smell of this.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
There is no such poll on the official Jolla facebook page ("Jolla")... "Jolla Mobile" has one, but it is a fan page.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
I have a N9 but do not use facebook
agree
I'm unlike too, also don't use fb

sorry jolla

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Have they ever said they are open? All they are saying is that they are unlike. They could be totally closed, even with mer. We have to wait and see. Don't like the smell of this.
Highly doubt they can be closed with mer as mer public to anyone. I've talked to quite a few of Jolla staff on the IRC channel under #JollaMobile, plenty of Jolla guys participate in talks in #Mer and #NemoMobile channels as well.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Highly doubt they can be closed with mer as mer public to anyone. I've talked to quite a few of Jolla staff on the IRC channel under #JollaMobile, plenty of Jolla guys participate in talks in #Mer and #NemoMobile channels as well.
I don't think they will be closed. They are unlike...

But i don't think they are open either. They are unlike...

Opened, closed, open, close. No we are unlike.

What's open?
What's closed?
What the hell is unlike?

One man's open is another man's closed. So what is it? And how?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't think they will be closed. They are unlike...

But i don't think they are open either. They are unlike...

Opened, closed, open, close. No we are unlike.

What's open?
What's closed?
What the hell is unlike?

One man's open is another man's closed. So what is it? And how?
I do agree with you there is a massive lack of information that we are getting. Slush event did shine some light on the Jolla and SailfishOS but not enough to actually define what they are doing or what's their real purpose. There are so many questions unanswered.

Looking back at Ubuntu phone announcement the same day they announced the OS is the same day they shown the interface and even game some starting tools and images. While Jolla been on the scene since June? And we still don't know much.

But at this point we have to deal with your worst enemy Dave: TIME!!!! We'll just have to be patient and wait

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
That, with high probability, just means you are more of a follower-type person; Going with the flow, and so on. Instead of making up your own mind about things if they are really easible, even if that means resisting the direction your group(s) or society takes, or making life not easier. Oh, did i mention that the most outstanding word / reason in your reply was "free"?
Well what photos and information I've put on there facebook can have While going with the flow is what I did, it seemed to make things a lot easier in the long term when I had to communicate with people so at the end of the day if it works why not.

To the matter of facebook, we'll you can make an account with bogus information that facebook can't really do much with. Wow such a simple answer for such tech savvy people, surely it cant be right...

I've lost a lot of my hope for Jolla.
1st: They haven't been very public, very quiet.
2nd: They're OS seems very, N9-like. Off course it's nice and minimalist, but I prefer more desktop-y.
3rd: They like hippie SOCIAL NETWORKS. Blrrgh.
4th: I am impatient. WHERE IS THE SDK or more OS FEATURES?!! (officially)

Thank you for reading.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:

Tags
circle jerk