Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
Hello

I managed to install aircrack-ng to my N9. But i cant use any of command like "airmon-ng" or "aircrack-ng", i get only "Operation not permitted"

I use command "ssh root@localhost" to get Root.
If i use "devel-su" for root, i can't find all commands that aircrack uses

So i have aircrack-ng installed without errors, but i can't use it. I get only "operation not permitted"

Please help me, I really loved aircrack in my N900. And i love to get it work on my N9. So what should i do

ps. Sorry for my bad English

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by SaQ View Post
Hello

I managed to install aircrack-ng to my N9. But i cant use any of command like "airmon-ng" or "aircrack-ng", i get only "Operation not permitted"

I use command "ssh root@localhost" to get Root.
If i use "devel-su" for root, i can't find all commands that aircrack uses

So i have aircrack-ng installed without errors, but i can't use it. I get only "operation not permitted"

Please help me, I really loved aircrack in my N900. And i love to get it work on my N9. So what should i do

ps. Sorry for my bad English
try writing new wlan drivers with everything aircrack needs like packet injection

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
We can look later for those drivers

The main thing here is: "operation not permitted" How can i get full root privileges.

This happens too when i try compile from source

# ./configure: Permission denied
# make: Operation not permitted
# make install: Operation not permitted

Last edited by SaQ; 2012-02-14 at 10:30.

I Had no problem building AC-NG (and Kismet as well); my problem was getting the programs to communicate properly with wlan0. I think aegis allows root to change the interface mode to monitoring, provided the interface is manually (i.e. via settings) deactivated first. Not sure though, its been a while since I checked.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I maintain aircrack-ng for the N900, and upon hearing this, am glad I don't have to for the N9. I can't really say much useful info on the subject - I don't know how permissions work with the various programs on the N9, with the above-mentioned Aegis crap. Can you disable Aegis on the N9 completely temporarily, and see if that makes executing aircrack-ng binaries work?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
maybe try with develsh? I think it has higher previliges than devel-su

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Thanks qwazix!

develsh give me the permissions to run aircrack. But still, in develsh, i tried command:

#./configure

it still give me "Permission denied"

when i tried compile wireshark from source. Now command "make" give me only "makefile not found" even if there is makefile.am.

I wonder why

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks qwazix!

develsh give me the permissions to run aircrack. But still, in develsh, i tried command:

#./configure

it still give me "Permission denied"

when i tried compile wireshark from source. Now command "make" give me only "makefile not found" even if there is makefile.am.

I wonder why
From which folder are you trying to compile ?
If you are compiling in /home/user/Mydocs/<some-folder>, this would belong to user "user" and root will be denied permissions
You should try to compile from /root/<some-dir> when you are using user "root"

Also, you will most likely need to flash the open-mode kernel once it is compiled and you are ready to mess with the wlan drivers. This will disable all the Aegis crap. Dont think the open-mode kernel is necessary for compiling though!

Hello

I managed to install aircrack-ng to my N9.
how did make it?? can you share with the community the process please i think a lot of people will love have aircrack-ng running in N9.

The problem with aircrack-ng and the majority of pentesting programs is that you need to run it as root, and devel-su is not exactly root, aegis is here and there causing troubles.

My recomendation after three weeks of running harmattan open mode, is that you flash the open kernel and you forget from aegis forever, with the open kernel the N9 works totally like a N900 no more aegis anymore, and true root in terminal without problems.

but be aware you will have to flash again the N9 a lost all of your applications, because the open kernel needs to get flashed together with the original image of harmattan provide by nokia.

I made a little tutorial for it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=aircrack.

I hope we can get it working properly in n9.

Last edited by SaQ; 2012-03-07 at 09:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to SaQ For This Useful Post: