Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
So, as I thought.

Should it then not be sufficient to replace/modify that lib, adapt refhashlist as root and we are good to go in closed (aegis) mode?
Cannot check myself as using open kernel and already applied (without taking care about refhashlist ).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
The instructions say you must disable Aegis before installing this patch... so in order to do that, I need to have Inception installed....right?

EDIT: LIES. I only need Coderus's aegis-hack, is that right?

EDIT2: Reread this thread and actually absorbed the information into my brain. In order to install with aegis-hack you have to follow the steps THP said to make a deb or such, which I cannot do with my limited skills :/ Next step, figure out how to enable open mode?

Last edited by kapu2; 2015-01-12 at 02:20.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
I would also be very interested in a step by step tutorial.
Maybe someone can explain how to disable Aegis (with Inception/Aegisctl or Coderus Aegis hack) as required by THP!? I couldn't really figure out how THP defines Aegis as disabled or if Aegis can be enabled again after applying the patch!??

It is a bit odd to use the N9 as the daily phone and to know that SMS will be getting lost, so maybe some genius here is willing to help the noobs to be totaly happy with the N9 again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowdog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
yes tested that it also works in closed aegis mode as long as you update and sign refhashlist with right checksum.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
yes tested that it also works in closed aegis mode as long as you update and sign refhashlist with right checksum.
@rainisto
Would you be so kind to list those two/three additonal steps, so thp might update his installation tutorial?
Something like
cd /var/lib/aegis
s/old-sha1sum/new-sha1sum or using sed -i -e "s/old/new" refhashlist
accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist < refhashlist
right?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I've created a deb package which appears to work with Aegis enabled, without breaking anything. Note that the standard disclaimer still applies :P. It must be installed using aegis-dpkg (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750).

(as root)
Code:
# aegis-dpkg -i libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb
-Alan
Attached Files
File Type: deb libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb (34.6 KB, 417 views)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to acf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
Guys you are all great, now my N9 can again receive all SMS!! Big thanks to THP, coderus and acf and everybody who gave advice!!!

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Guys, I read this thread carrefully, and I am not sure what process I should follow.
You can find in what state is my N9 with the link in my signature.

I am a little bit scared to crash my N9, and I cannot afford this mistake because I am lacking time ... :|

Thanks for any tips !
cheers

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by pmeuh View Post
Guys, I read this thread carrefully, and I am not sure what process I should follow.
You can find in what state is my N9 with the link in my signature.

I am a little bit scared to crash my N9, and I cannot afford this mistake because I am lacking time ... :|

Thanks for any tips !
cheers
Hello, I'm in open mode and I followed acf's instructions...no crashes or something else, everything works!

Thanks Alan
Attached Images

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
what makes you be in open mode? If I am in ooen mode, i am not aware of it :/