Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
About time zones, Qt and open source: there is yast Qt TimeZoneSelector, with GPL licensed code. Could it be helpful in creating time zone widget for the replacement clock?
By the way... Since the 'replacement clock' is Qt-based... How difficult would it be to port it to Harmattan-MeeGo-Sailfish?
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Display bug:

As You can see under clock and date, some part of default background image from landscape mode is visible. Background should be (and it was - previously) black on whole screen when in portrait mode.

edit
Adding "Background=false" in the config file solved the problem, so it should be set up like this during install (no background at all) or mentioned bug in portrait mode fixed (no background in portrait mode only).

Last edited by artpra; 2013-02-14 at 12:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Oops, I cleanup up some paint lines in the code, but as I do not use a background image, I must have removed a bit too much code without having noticed the side effect . Will restore that of course.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Yep, it uses a QSettings config file which is described in the wiki.

I did not test it, but that file would make sense. My first impression is that is some binary file with citycodes in hex format. Not some standard (database) format.
As the current solution works fine, I see no reason to look into that further.
The main reason for pointing these out is they are "potentially" safe to remove if you have QT worldclock installed.

So if it is to become a permanent fixture of Maemo in the future, they could be removed automatically to safe space.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2013-02-14 at 17:23. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide
About time zones, Qt and open source: there is yast Qt TimeZoneSelector, with GPL licensed code. Could it be helpful in creating time zone widget for the replacement clock?
I guess it could be helpful, but I am afraid it will take quite some time to properly integrate this. Not on my todo list for now.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide
By the way... Since the 'replacement clock' is Qt-based... How difficult would it be to port it to Harmattan-MeeGo-Sailfish?
I would say pretty difficult. They are more QML based and the alarm framework could be very different.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast
The main reason for pointing these out is they are "potentially" safe to remove if you have QT worldclock installed.

So if it is to become a permanent fixture of Maemo in the future, they could be removed automatically to safe space.
Agreed and point taken

Now let's revert that glitch in portrait mode ASAP:
Code:
Changes: 
 clock-ui (0.6-2) unstable; urgency=low
   * reverted introduced glitch in portrait mode
   * made timediff format in world clock details equal to default clock
edit:
Code:
Changes: 
 clock-ui (0.6-3+thumb0) unstable; urgency=low
   * prevent opening of multiple worldclock detail windows by multiple fast presses
Downloadable in the openingpost.

Last edited by ade; 2013-02-15 at 18:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
About icons: it's difficult to see when new-alarm, alarms or world-clocks is being pressed. Could you do it as the 'original' app did, by activating the background-image '164IconHighlight.png' for the button? It is stored in themes/default/images; in the default theme, at least.
Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick message...
About icons: it's difficult to see when new-alarm, alarms or world-clocks is being pressed. Could you do it as the 'original' app did, by activating the background-image '164IconHighlight.png' for the button? It is stored in themes/default/images; in the default theme, at least.
Best wishes.
I am using an iconset that has a different (smaller) icon for the "icon_pressed" image. That way, the image will get a bit smaller the moment it is pressed. Personally I think it looks better then that blue square. Sixwheeledbeast also had the same request btw.

I will have a look at it again, maybe I will change my mind and will try to change it

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Alrighty, and yet another update, a small cosmetic fix and a "popular" user request.

Code:
Changes: 
 clock-ui (0.6-4) unstable; urgency=low .
   * selected cities in the worldclock screen no longer remain highlighted
   * pressing a button in the landscape mainscreen will show a background
The background image from the timebutton looks a little different from the stock one when pressed (more streched and does not cover the date display)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi ade,
thanks again.

But now I noticed also some difference to stock Maemo behaviour!

I do not know since when this is like that, but just noticed today:
when pushing a button "new alarm", "alarms", "worldclock" and keeping it pressed and then moving the finger away from that button, it is like you have pushed it (should have canceled). On alarms page and pushing/keeping the "new alarm" it is activated after 1s automatically. Moving away also activates it.
At least this is different to Maemo behaviour and also different to stock clock behaviour.
But I can live with it , it is just different.
Is that on purpose?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hi ade,
thanks again.

But now I noticed also some difference to stock Maemo behaviour!

I do not know since when this is like that, but just noticed today:

Is that on purpose?
I guess it's to do with the new colours behind the buttons on selection. This is new as of 0.6-4
I like the colours TBH, but as mentioned the buttons are not stock behaviour.

Also it's nice to see a .deb much easier to install updates

One quick thing.
On selecting adjust time and date in portrait it switches over to landscape while the dialog is open.

It seems selecting Settings > Time & Date shows the desired portrait dialog so not sure why clock-ui doesn't.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock