Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
Is this something that is configurable with the current default mail client?
Hi,
emm, unfortunately - no, it is not possible with current implementation.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Hi Sergey

Thanks for the info.

Then I hope Nokia continues to improve it's OS and it's core apps, including the mail client. I guess that's all I can do after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Hello. Thanks much for MeMailSettings. Is it no longer in the app store? Much appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to ccwood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Thanks for this app sergey_kashin, it's a little app that made a big annoyence go away

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ccwood View Post
Hello. Thanks much for MeMailSettings. Is it no longer in the app store? Much appreciated.
It is still in the ovi store
Moreover, I really hope that I will do few updates quite soon.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Perhaps you can add a feature to increase/decrease attachment maximum size ? There is a method available which is to edit the config file but it would be easier for many to do this using your application.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Perhaps you can add a feature to increase/decrease attachment maximum size ? There is a method available which is to edit the config file but it would be easier for many to do this using your application.
That is exactly what I'm planning to do Plus an easy way to enable logs and maybe some other tricks with config(s) file(s).

P.S. I wrote about this method in the Email/Exchange thread

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hi all,
here is a small application that will help you to "hack" your MfE/Email accounts. Recently I wrote about this application in Email/MfE thread.
All sources can be found on GitHub. It is quite small application that allows you to change your MfE/Email accounts settings (in theory it can be used to change settings in any account) and map you account's standard folders.

It is my first experience (and experiments ) with QML.

.deb package is attached. First of all let me explain how it works. On the first page you should click on an account that you'd like to edit. On the second page you will see the list of ALL account's settings (currently they are shown as Strings). You looking for a setting(s) that you want to change, changing it(them) and then clicking on a "save setting" button in a menu.

Now, about some "hacks":
1) As far as I remember there were a question about "how to sync all emails from my MfE account". Here is the answer:
All you need to do is to set the MfE account's setting "email/past_time" as 0 (and click "save setting" button after that of course :-D ).

2) And about downloading full message's MIME. MfE accounts have 2 settings: "email_mime" and "email/email_mime". If you want to enable it then change both settings to "TRUE".

WARNING and NOTE:
1) The first 'hack' might confuse you a bit, because after that you will see sync back mails option as "3 days" value in the accounts application (plus it might overwrite this setting in the DB, so it's better to not save it at all (or even not open mail account settings)).
2) This application (MeMailSettings) is made by my self and it is not the Nokia app.
3) If you will change something to an invalid value your account(s) can become "wild" and do something nasty, so please be careful and change anything only on your own risk.
!!!!THIS IS NOT SOMETHING RECOMMENDED TO DO. DO IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!

Changelog (since version 0.0.6):
0.0.6: Fixed bug with mime support setting.
0.0.7: UI updated (new icons and etc. in the application). Icon added. P.S. Big thanks to Anton Magaev for patches
0.0.8: Fixed bug in folder's mapping. Added easy tweak mode (currently only two tweaks for MfE accounts are added).

P.S. If I missed any hack that I told you before, feel free to ask me about it I'll give you an answer (if I can ) about how to do it.

UPDATE: deb packages are deleted (at least for now). Luckily soon this package will be available in the Nokia Store.
Hi,

On my side I have installed the latest 0.0.9 version of MeMailSettings from OVI Store.

- The application was installed without warning.

But it look like there is a problem :

- The Easy Tweak Mode is empty of choices, you can have a look by yourself :

Do you know where I have made mistake ???

A++

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Do you know where I have made mistake ???

A++
Well, since there is no 'easy tweaks' for non-MfE accounts, this page will be empty for your POP/IMAP accounts. I suppose this is your case?

New version is available on a github (with a useful tweak for your Hotmail exchange account). I hope that soon this update will be available in the Ovi Store.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-08-05 at 19:03.