Active Topics

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I think you need to have a read of all the comments in that bug report.
The problem is that in reality, apps aren't always being made resource-policy aware.

There's def. a good case made there for this to be implemented...
Whether it's a high priority as far as enhancements go, depends on who you ask I guess.
But no doubt there's plenty of folks out there who find it mightily annoying.
Well then perhaps the authors of those misbehaving apps should fix their code? Crazy idea, I know.

How many times do you change the music volume anyways? From my experience, once you find the optimal volume, you hardly ever have to change it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
there is n way they remove behave of bug 210 simply because its i the printed manual. We can only hope for some setting or some kind f thirdpart hack..

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by impact View Post
Well then perhaps the authors of those misbehaving apps should fix their code? Crazy idea, I know.

How many times do you change the music volume anyways? From my experience, once you find the optimal volume, you hardly ever have to change it.
Not really, sometimes things have a diff. default volume etc.
It's just not practical for many people, and I can understand why.
The reality is that "many" apps aren't following guidelines, & yet they're being approved.
The option to chose to manually adjust should be there...
Did you read the thread linked to, some good insights are there.
Not a "biggy" for me, but I can understand why it'd often be a "biggy" for others.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-22 at 12:20.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
there is n way they remove behave of bug 210 simply because its i the printed manual. We can only hope for some setting or some kind f thirdpart hack..
Exactly, just add the "option"....
But it's not easy weighing up these things, & what priority they take over other "features".
Definitely all the nasty "bugs" around should take absolute priority first.
In fact, I'd be happy if they delayed the 1.2 release, & focused on a interim stabilization/performance release.
There is sooooo many issues it's not funny, really quite disappointed in many ways.