http://www.netbooknews.com/7444/weta...ased-on-meego/

I think I'd have to give it a try if so...

Would be a great start form Meego as it evidently has generated more interest in Germany then the ipad...

Last edited by extendedping; 2010-09-01 at 00:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Unofficial meego device?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Didn't they already change the WeTab OS already once before? Didn't it go from Windows 7 (shown) to Linux based (reported) to Android based (rumored) to now... MeeGo based (rumored)?

Hell, instead of rumors, bring the damn thing out... until then, vaporware.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Didn't they already change the WeTab OS already once before? Didn't it go from Windows 7 (shown) to Linux based (reported) to Android based (rumored) to now... MeeGo based (rumored)?

Hell, instead of rumors, bring the damn thing out... until then, vaporware.
Its like the notion ink...I'll believe it when I see it. But that would be really great, I just hope it would not be some really locked down version of linux as I want to learn command line stuff (the reason I got my n900 as well).

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Munich, Germany
It is confirmed:
It will have MeeGo!

German news:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...o-1071855.html

English news:
http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/h...-running-meego

Hands on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdNBTwHxWk

Last edited by vielfrass; 2010-09-03 at 08:50.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vielfrass For This Useful Post:
So will it be any easier to revert back to the vanilla UX? Thats the UX that caught my eye, that WeTab UX does not look catchy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Odd_gunnic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

meego should get going with a bang in this case as there are more orders for the wetab then the ipad in Germany right now.

Originally Posted by Odd_gunnic View Post
So will it be any easier to revert back to the vanilla UX? Thats the UX that caught my eye, that WeTab UX does not look catchy.
I hope so too

Nice!

Thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense to use Meego for tablets.

After all, Meego is simply Linux with a touch-friendly WM and tools, and it is one of the best options I can think of for slate-PCs:
1. It is more optimized for touch-based UI than windows 7, and lighter on resources so it works better on slow CPUs (such as the ULV atoms).
2. It is better suited for touch interface than any other standard/slightly modified linux we have.
3. While Android is built from ground-up for touch-based devices and is light on resources, and there are a lot of apps for it, most of these apps were designed for phone-size devices, and compiled for ARM. When it comes to Atom-based tablets, there are more ready-to-use linux apps than Android apps.
4. Meego on X86 can just run most linux apps, with a minimal (if any) porting effort, so the users can have both touch-optimized meego/QT apps as well as a wider selection of non-touch-optimized but already available linux software. It is the best available compromise compromise between both worlds.

Tags
not the tablet, u r looking for