Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
well since PR 1.3 brightness 2 is lowest, brightness 1 turns backlight off..

don't know why, before it was 0 for backlight off, and 1 was the lowest setting.

Well... that's that then

Frost,
Did you have the chance to test the patched module? Are the levels to your liking?
I know I have tested. No ill effects for now.
Do you think it's worth writing a script that would automatically edit the binary with some desired values?
Does anyone know how to make a temporary filesystem redirect (mount or symbolic link) so that it gets reset after a reboot? What I have in mind is something like:
- script get desired values from user
- script makes a copy of the current .so file and edits with given values
- script mounts new .so module under old name (effectively temporarily overwriting the old module)
- script kills mce in order for it to grab new values
- in case a crash occurs and phone reboots - it should pick up old, stable, module.
- if everything worked fine, user should re-run script with some option to make changes permanent (during which the script should still make a backup copy of the module, rename the new one and kill mce again).
I hope I'm not stealing the thread

No i haven't had the time yet...., and you are not stealing the thread, also im going to make links to your findings in post #1 when i get the time, and can you edit one of your post's to include everything so i can link to just that?

Finally found the time to update some threads, gebeleysis please PM/post for more changes to post #1

is this the same in nokia N9..can you give me steps on how can i make the brightness fixed..and how can i disable the light sensor so that the brightness is not changing..

gebeleysis, I managed to use your instructions and customize my backlight and triggering levels to my liking. Muchos thanks for your work.

After almost 3 years, my n900 still keeps getting better

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
thanks
after i uninstalled it (from post #2) i rebooted and then the screen light is lower than before even after choosing the highest level in sittings ! please how can i fix this

EDITE!!: [SOLVED] the mce.ini was not loading the filter-brightness-als module thanks to gebeleysis and dr_frost_dk
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-07-07 at 15:18.

Finally got around to install the other N900 with thumb14 and OC and such and now im using gebeleysis brightness fix and it works really really well, so i can really recommend it to other users, the levels are very good and you really wont see screen light change anymore so it is not ignoring at all

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
nman, sifo, dr_frost_dk: You're all welcome! I am glad to have done something useful. I still didn't create any automatic way to customize brightness. Shame on me for that!
Still, since a hex-change in built-in binaries should be a conscious one, maybe it's better this way.

The Following User Says Thank You to gebeleysis For This Useful Post:
well you decipher the code so it should be possible to make some sort of bash script where you input you values and it does the HEX, but for me the levels you made are very good and have a wide application for various situations so it should not be needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen