Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Might have been for a moment, but I'd actually consider a netbook if it had Maemo/MeeGo on it... alongside of a smaller form factored Maemo/MeeGo mobile it would be pretty slick of a package.

I do not want Maemo to become Moblin...
With MeeGo I expect to see the best of both with a new GUI.

Nothing against Moblin but its GUI is not for mobile devices period.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
I do not want Maemo to become Moblin...
With MeeGo I expect to see the best of both with a new GUI.

Nothing against Moblin but its GUI is not for mobile devices period.
You didn't read the thread now, did you? C'mon, it's short thread with short messages..

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
http://maemos.ru/2010/02/28/video-meego-x86/ 2 video
http://maemos.ru/2010/02/25/meego/ moblin-meego-beta.iso (655Mб)

The Following User Says Thank You to g0dzilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
You didn't read the thread now, did you? C'mon, it's short thread with short messages..
You mean if I know that the above video is just a modified Moblin 2.2 with MeeGo branding? Come on now.. seriously..

I am talking in general. Moblin is great for netbooks but not as practical as Maemo for touchscreen based mobile computers. From what we read ever since the MeeGo announcement, it looks like MeeGo will be more Moblin based and less Maemo. And I said it "looks like" because no one except the development team knows the real answer as all we've got is speculations. I hope this speculations are wrong and with MeeGo both Nokia and Intel will offer a unique user experience that at the same time is able to satisfy the different but also high needs of both notebooks/netbooks etc and mobile computers/phones.

Last edited by nMIK-3; 2010-03-12 at 00:37.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
You mean if I know that the above video is just a modified Moblin 2.2 with MeeGo branding? Come on now.. seriously..

I am talking in general. Moblin is great for netbooks but not as practical as Maemo for touchscreen based mobile computers. From what we read ever since the MeeGo announcement, it looks like MeeGo will be more Moblin based and less Maemo. And I said it "looks like" because no one except the development team knows the real answer as all we've got is speculations. I hope this speculations are wrong and with MeeGo both Nokia and Intel will offer a unique user experience that at the same time is able to satisfy the different but also high needs of both notebooks/netbooks etc and mobile computers/phones.
Sorry, my intention wasn't to be rude at all. If you can give suggestions on how to make post #8 of this thread clearer please do, and I'll edit it. Quoted below..

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Those were probably still Moblin rebranded, but chances are that at least the first versions versions of MeeGo reference Netbook UX will be quite similar. This of course has nothing to do with how MeeGo reference Handheld UX will look like, which in turn doesn't automatically dictate what MeeGo will look like on a Nokia handheld. MeeGo will provide separate UI and stock application sets for netbooks and handhelds. Whether manufacturers will use these or create their own is anyone's guess.

I'm the author of www.madeo.co.uk and I made the video. (and you can't "steal" a video on youtube... at least I don't consider it stealing! )

I have no idea if meego will end up looking like that. That was what it looked like in repo.meego.com before they pulled them down. (begin conspiracy theories)

For my part I think the netbook UX of meego will look similar but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they dumped GTK and re-wrote it all in QT.

Originally Posted by g0dzilla View Post
http://maemos.ru/2010/02/25/meego/ moblin-meego-beta.iso (655Mб)
thanks g0dzilla for the moblin-meego-beta.iso link
I was impressed with moblin v2.1 on a netbook,
the snapiest out of box netbook distro I came across.
And I prefer moblin UI to a NBR UI...
The main diff with a casual look, between moblin-meego-beta.iso and moblin v2.1 is chrome is the available browser instead of ff

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Dunno about those images but the official browser was a customized ff, not Chrome. It looks a bit about Chrome but it is not.

true Bundyo, but this image has chrome as the browser of choice,
it even asks/tells you if you want it to be default when your first launch.
I didn't look to see if ff was installed in the image..
I wonder who created moblin-meego-beta.iso ?