Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Put SYSTEM INFO on standby screen:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1154200

The Following User Says Thank You to damaltor For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by damaltor View Post
Put SYSTEM INFO on standby screen:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1154200
Hallelujah someone actually shared something for the 1st time in yonks, thank-you!

Starting approx. 24hrs I won't be adding much content /wk, or keeping the guide organized.
This may be the case for quite some time, so...
I need others to help with adding new content, & keeping the guide clear/readable.

With the exception of one, those who have offered to be editors have done very little so far.
Of course they're under no obligation, but it would've been nice to have more help.
So if anyone else is interested in being an editor, just go to the guide & make the request!

Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-23 at 20:08.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orange County, CA
I've added home screen shortcuts for websites, but the icon generated is a tiny screenshot of the web page. Usually ends up being a white blob with some tiny type visible. (ie: yelp, google reader.)

I'd like to swap out the icons with ones that I create, but I can't find where the icons exist.. or if they do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by ss29er View Post
I had no issues on T-mobiles network with the n900. It seems to be a n9 issue with them.
There's an easy fix for this problem! Check out this thread. Worked for me like a charm:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...re+size&page=7

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
I've added home screen shortcuts for websites, but the icon generated is a tiny screenshot of the web page. Usually ends up being a white blob with some tiny type visible. (ie: yelp, google reader.)

I'd like to swap out the icons with ones that I create, but I can't find where the icons exist.. or if they do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
The thing is that Mobile Safari does not use favicon.ico but looks in the site's CSS code for "iphone friendly" PNG graphics and uses them to make the bookmark icon. Such an icon looks good (e.g. try bookmarking bbc.co.uk), but iphone icon-ready code is rather rare.

The browser stores its bookmark PNGs in
/home/user/.grob/l/

The desktop bookmark shortcuts are kept here:
/home/user/.local/share/applications/
as browser-*.desktop

.desktop files are simple text files. You can edit them using nano.

This means there are two ways to fix an icon: 1) you can simply replace an appropriate PNG from */.grob/l/ or 2) edit an appropriate .desktop so a bookmark uses a PNG of your choice.

Now, you can find a new icon or make one yourself, see here for photoshop (and not only) templates:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...templates.html

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-30 at 04:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Excellent...Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW, here's some custom N9 icons I created for different mobile sites that play well with the N9 browser. (Yelp, Amazon, Craigslist, Orbitz, Trip Advisor, Google Reader) Makes the bookmarks look like real apps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip n9.bookmarks.zip (49.3 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by rentboy; 2012-01-30 at 08:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rentboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
Excellent...Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW, here's some custom N9 icons I created for different mobile sites that play well with the N9 browser. (Yelp, Amazon, Craigslist, Orbitz, Trip Advisor, Google Reader) Makes the bookmarks look like real apps!
I've made a few as well so far. Maybe it would be a good idea to create a separate thread for DIY icons like that?

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I've made a few as well so far. Maybe it would be a good idea to create a separate thread for DIY icons like that?
Better idea than continuing that topic here....
But first check there isn't already a thread that focuses on this.
We don't want a dozen threads all discussing basically the same thing.

For the past wk I haven't been adding much content, or keeping the guide organized.
This may be the case for quite some time, so...
I need others to help with adding new content, & keeping the guide clear/readable.

With the exception of one, those who offered to be editors have done little so far.
Of course they're under no obligation, but it would be nice to have more help.
So if anyone else wants to be an editor, just go to the guide & make the request.

Thank-you!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-21 at 08:50.

I've built an enhanced replacement for calenderr (calendar live icon mod) - check out the thread over at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1167127!

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
What I mean is if there is some kind of locking Sac Lancel Pas Cher like on Android where you unlock with pattern and Symbian with pincodes? If you leave the device for longe