Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
i shake my head at you guys. Do you actually work in a business where there is a bottom line ? It is clear the line of thought that went into these decisions.

do you really think the ecosystem they build for meego will work for the n900 ?

qt is not the most important support (nobody but a geek gives a toss about qt). Qt compatibility means nothing to a non-power user. It is access to apps in the official ecosystem that matters. Apple taught EVERYONE that. Goog is following them with android.

The most important support is an assurance that the n900 will be able to participate in the official ecosystem that they will build for Meego, PERIOD. Nothing else matters. And only an official release of Meego OR an explicit statement from Nokia (hah if you believe them) is any assurance of this.

What you will get is more unsupported apps through Qt compatibility if the vendors are kind enough. And some more apps from the community who are kind enough to port them, thats it.

But official support from the big vendors ? lolers. That is GONE with no Meego.

No new version of flash (watch as the n900 loses access to websites as they upgrade to v10), no google maps, no official games.

I will eat my words if Qt compatilibty causes the big vendors to release official versions of their apps for the n900.

Trolling ? BS ? Fear mongering ?

I shake my head at some of you. If you are a geek who wants to tinker then the n900 is the uberchoice. But you cross the line to fanboy if you think the n900 at this stage is good for anything else.

But those who believe Qt compatibility will make the n900 even a vague shadow of the other eco
Lol!.. you are still writing even when you already have been proven wrong.

This thread could be useful for you to read: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...362#post675362

Read this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Apple are for kids.. the only thing might be as good as MeGoo/Maemo is Android.

Nokia has done it again.

Another POS phone in my hands. I guess this will be the final major update.

Goodbye Nokia

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
For me that's not a surprise, but now I can say for sure I will avoid Nokia devices for the rest of my life!!!

Maemo 5 is just 6 months old and it is being abandoned, no matter what Nokia or fanboys say about getting incremental upgrades.... PR1.2 was so late because it is the last big update, from now just critical bug corrections!! We already can see that now by Flash 10.1 support... only for Meego...

Even if Meego is the better OS out there, I will be sure to buy it from some other supplier like HTC. I've been a Nokia fan for a long time but now I just can't see any advantage compared to competitors...

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
does it mean that we are not going to see flash 10.1 as well??

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
What way too many people here miss is that "not commercially supported" does not negate "fully working".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Maemo 5 is just 6 months old and it is being abandoned, no matter what Nokia or fanboys say about getting incremental upgrades.... PR1.2 was so late because it is the last big update, from now just critical bug corrections!! We already can see that now by Flash 10.1 support... only for Meego..
Please note that your words are nothing more than pure speculation. As a matter of fact, all we can do now is speculate. But please don't act like your words are facts!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woussie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
First of all I want to state that I do like the Maemo desktop a lot more than all I have seen from Meego till now but ...

as a matter of fact NOKIA promised to release Meego on the N900 during the Nokia developers forum (Nokia Mobile Monday) at FH Hagenberg on the 5th of march.

It doesn't bother me that Meego will not be released on the N900 because I do not like it anyway but I'm REALLY disappointed about the lie.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Although Nokia N900 devices are being used for platform development and testing purposes by those involved in the MeeGo project, we don’t have plans for a full scale commercial MeeGo upgrade on the Nokia N900.
Okay, we knew this for 3 months already.
What's new?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Community support is fine and dandy, but as we can see from the previous attempt; they're not the speediest release around.

I can understand this, given there's not much incentive to put effort into it and a generally shrinking userbase don't help either.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
First of all I want to state that I do like the Maemo desktop a lot more than all I have seen from Meego till now but ...

as a matter of fact NOKIA promised to release Meego on the N900 during the Nokia developers forum (Nokia Mobile Monday) at FH Hagenberg on the 5th of march.

It doesn't bother me that Meego will not be released on the N900 because I do not like it anyway but I'm REALLY disappointed about the lie.
It will be released on the N900! What it won't be is commercially supported. If you flash MeeGo on it, Nokia Care won't be holding your hand through it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:

Tags
dejavu, egocentric, premonition, wegot1newloser