Active Topics

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ athens/greece
Just got my N900 today and charged it. Then I switched the phone on. But nothing came up on the screen. I heard the 'nokia' tune play and the keyboard lit up, but that was all. Just a blank screen.
.did some testing...screen remains off..you can hear the classic nokia booting sound, keyboard light on..i installed a sim card without the need of password and then called the number, i can hear the ringing from my standard cellphone(the n900 is on and it shows it can accept calls) but the n900 does not ring at all and nothing happens if i press any of the buttons.

if you connect it to pc, windows shows tha classic menu for external disks..and then i see the files(backgrounds, folders etc of the N900).

i tried to use vanilla on it..nothing happened..in windows 7 32 bit, 64bit, xp 32, it doesnt see any compatible usb device to flash..(in the cmd)..then i tried vista 32..2 times..it started but i saw for the first time blue screen of death in vista!:smileytongue:

flashing does not work at all......

it might be the new shipment of nokia(all defective from scratch!)

any ideas?

thanks

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
It looks like a cable isn't hooked up right? So the screen isn't turning on? Or it's actually damaged.. So I would get a replacement A.S.A.P.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Might be a bit insulting... did you remove the film protecting the LCD?

lol :P
yeah, i removed it..actually i just used the tv out cable now..i see a line in the middle of the tv screen..seems to be a part of the default N900 background(black n blue) does not respond to any button pressing etc. i saw another guy in nokia forums having exactly the same thing, he also got today's shipment of N900..
seems to be h/w problem to me.. i m gonna ask for a replacement tomorrow..i hope i m luckier than today!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Ya, it probably is a hardware fault... sorry I had to mention the screen protector, a friend of a friend didn't remove it and complained that his screen was too dark hehe...

ahahahhahahaha!!
well thats ok!
thanks for the response though!

yeap, hardware problem..waiting for a replacement now. btw, anybody else that had same experience??

Originally Posted by el3ctronick View Post
Just got my N900 today and charged it. Then I switched the phone on. But nothing came up on the screen. I heard the 'nokia' tune play and the keyboard lit up, but that was all. Just a blank screen.
.did some testing...screen remains off..you can hear the classic nokia booting sound, keyboard light on..i installed a sim card without the need of password and then called the number, i can hear the ringing from my standard cellphone(the n900 is on and it shows it can accept calls) but the n900 does not ring at all and nothing happens if i press any of the buttons.

if you connect it to pc, windows shows tha classic menu for external disks..and then i see the files(backgrounds, folders etc of the N900).

i tried to use vanilla on it..nothing happened..in windows 7 32 bit, 64bit, xp 32, it doesnt see any compatible usb device to flash..(in the cmd)..then i tried vista 32..2 times..it started but i saw for the first time blue screen of death in vista!:smileytongue:

flashing does not work at all......

it might be the new shipment of nokia(all defective from scratch!)

any ideas?

thanks

dude, i got the same problem!! did they replace your phone? did they charge anything?

Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
dude, i got the same problem!! did they replace your phone? did they charge anything?
This is a hardware issue and they should replace it for free under warranty.

i had been using the phone for almost a month right now and this happened all of a sudden so i wasnt sure if it was my fault or the hardwares! btw thanks!