Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by napaDokc View Post
did you get Sailfish (more expensive) version or you want to 'fix' it yourself, following the guides?
Yes I went for the more expensive "Jolla" option

My reasoning went -

I need a mobile device to read PDFs more and more at home and at work.

I need the extra screen size from a tablet due to my poor eyesight . I have a N900 that I cant really read unaided. The Jolla phone works well, but is just too small for serious use ie following manuals in pdf.

I was excited about the Ubuntu Tablet, but was very disappointed by the specs.

Then I thought the Jolla Tablet specs were good, why not just buy one.

If and I guess "if" it arrives is teh big one -

If it arrives as an android device, it has a large screen - that will be fine.

If its the right model I can flash it back to Sailfish - that will be excellent

- That does assume there is a Tablet pdf viewer <g>

I get all the fun of buying stuff through crazy chinese sites, think of the happiness if something actually turns up!. Then there is all the work trying to flash it - or not

Thats hours of fun, even before I start using it.

WIN,WIN, WIN

The only real downside is that my partner is going to be REALLY P****** OFF if I get a Jolla tablet. As she also ordered one, and is going to be very jealous

Last edited by zenecho; 2016-02-12 at 11:39.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
Hi Dave999, you asked me to inform you about my chargeback with Amex. Well I've got all my money back in full. They can try to issue chargeback reversal, but since I have provided enough evidence regarding Jolla, their intention, their claims, how they've spent that money, their official statements how they are not able to produce tablets, and of course that I haven't received a tablet yet, I truly doubt they will get reversal back.

Cheers.
Thank you. You going for ubuntu tablet? Or safe bets like android/iOS?

I think I leave it up to jolla to pay me back. Do they want customers or not. We Will see.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Hi Dave999, you asked me to inform you about my chargeback with Amex. Well I've got all my money back in full. They can try to issue chargeback reversal, but since I have provided enough evidence regarding Jolla, their intention, their claims, how they've spent that money, their official statements how they are not able to produce tablets, and of course that I haven't received a tablet yet, I truly doubt they will get reversal back.
Congratulations, your horribly selfish and disingenuous actions were successful.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Congratulations, your horribly selfish and disingenuous actions were successful.
Maybe the way he communicated them were not the best, bit how is getting his money he paid for product he never received are selfish?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Wow, you are really special... You are calling me selfish? You trully have an issue man. Before you start to point finger and call people selfish, maybe you should read Indiegogo terms of use. I know that Jolla definitely should.

Then again, when I see that you are from London England, I am not surprised about your comments.

Last edited by prometheus; 2016-02-12 at 13:34.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Thank you. You going for ubuntu tablet? Or safe bets like android/iOS?

I think I leave it up to jolla to pay me back. Do they want customers or not. We Will see.
No idea, I haven't thought about it. I might go for Ubuntu, but then again, Android and Windows are also cool. I know one thing, that I will never use Jolla product, ever...

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Android and Windows are also cool.
They are? btw what makes a device "cool" sunglasses?

Then again, when I see that you are from London England, I am not surprised about your comments.
what does that mean now?

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C

Cheers.
Congratulations on getting your money refund could you please tell me which document you sent I also charge the tablet to American Express.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Congratulations on getting your money refund could you please tell me which document you sent I also charge the tablet to American Express.
American Express are pretty darn good about siding on your favor if you state when you paid, what you expected, what was/was not delivered and if you can point to any information that corroborates your story, they'll tend to fight/side with you. I like that about them.

Perhaps a DM between yourself and Prometheus to sort out those details would be to your benefit.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
American Express are pretty darn good about siding on your favor if you state when you paid, what you expected, what was/was not delivered and if you can point to any information that corroborates your story, they'll tend to fight/side with you. I like that about them.

Perhaps a DM between yourself and Prometheus to sort out those details would be to your benefit.
Damn it, no need to get the popcorn out now

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund