Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I just uploaded to the repository MobWebMail - Gmail.

The description of the package reads:
First class Gmail browsing on your Phone. This is a web browser optimized for one task: browse your Gmail account using your touch screen device. MobWebMail supports Screen auto-rotation, full-screen view, different zoom levels (using the volume buttons) and downloading attachments. On the top of a very simple interface it allows the user to switch between gmail accounts/sessions with one click.

For people that know my other package macuco, the main differences are:
  • MobWebMail only allows to browse gmail
  • MobWebMail allows you to access multiple gmail accounts by keeping separate sessions with distinct set of cookies. You can switch between them with two clicks.
  • MobWebMail allows to download attachments
  • MobWebMail shows an indicator any time the browser is requesting more data from the server (not just while loading the first page like macuco).
  • MobWebMail does not use the standard Maemo UI (menus, task bar, close button, ...)

MobWebMail is available in the OVI Store (also for Symbian^3 devices).

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-04-08 at 12:22.

The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Yay for Felipe!
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Can't fetch the package, but I'll try again later. It sounds like a great idea.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Cant fetch it either yet
Will wait a bit more to try it out

Any screenshots?

Thnx!

Edit: Couldn't just wait, so I downloaded the deb file
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....1.5_armel.deb

or with your mobile:
http://tinyurl.com/46r48ya

Looks VERY GREAT! THNX!

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-03-23 at 02:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I acess Gmail with the Macuco Browser, that fake an Iphone Browser... To me is already perfect

Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
I acess Gmail with the Macuco Browser, that fake an Iphone Browser... To me is already perfect
Try this one... I don't think you will be disappointed.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Looks good - I haven't used your browser before (I have no idea why), but I'm loving the iPhone interface so much more than the normal touch one.

There is one huge show stopper for me - it doesn't appear to support Google Apps Is this due to the application, or is it the Google services that are not working? I'm happy to give you an account on my Google Apps domain if you want to check anything out.

Great work though!

Originally Posted by nick.read View Post
Looks good - I haven't used your browser before (I have no idea why), but I'm loving the iPhone interface so much more than the normal touch one.

There is one huge show stopper for me - it doesn't appear to support Google Apps Is this due to the application, or is it the Google services that are not working? I'm happy to give you an account on my Google Apps domain if you want to check anything out.

Great work though!
Don't worry it will come next because I also need it. In the meanwhile you can use Macuco..

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
pretty damn good!

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
It's very very good. Although the graphics of the website aren't too good, but that is something we can't change, right? Although the mail button in the right corner is really useful. Thx again!
P.S. So it's the same as in macuco, right?

Tags
gmail