I woke up this morning and my phone wasn't turned on and there was an solid orange light on the front.

I've tried leaving the battery out for 5 minutes and also trying to turn the phone on with and without the battery in while a USB charger is connected but it wont turn on.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
try charging it with a wall charger for about an hour thenn attempt to turn it on

Hi there,

i've got the same probleme, my phone was working well untill it runned out of battery and shuted off.
i tried to charge it but light stays solid orange, can't turn it on, tried removing battery several times, tried flashing device with maemo flasher and NSS but doen't work at all.
Annyone has an idea please?

annyone can help me please?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
If it won't charge the battery in the phone then you'll need to charge it externally - either a desktop charger or a compatible phone (e.g. Nokia 5800).

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
This happened to me as well after the battery died, try popping the battery out with no cable attached, then put it back together. Mine then powered up just fine.

One problem is that if you leave the phone on the charger with a steady (non-blinking) LED then this will actually suck juice from the battery and deep-discharge it. At least that's what happened to my battery after the story with the failed on-air upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
If it won't charge the battery in the phone then you'll need to charge it externally - either a desktop charger or a compatible phone (e.g. Nokia 5800).
I tried this, battery is charging on Nokia 5800 but N900 doesnt turn on...

I tried to plug/unplub batery several times but doesn't work

Since i charged the battery on Nokia 5800 the yellow dot doesn't light anymore...

It only lights on when N900 connected on wall/usb charger and i remove the battery

I think it's dead but i don't know how???

I'm taking it back to Nokia Care tomorow and tell you what hapened there...

Thank you all for helping me

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
just reflash it man!!
that must fix ur problem!
just power search to updating the firmware and follow the links

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Woodbridge, NJ, USA
At times, static is stored within phone w/o battery; as once I was told by Sony Ericsson tech rep. Though this is N900; I'm recommending what I was told to do for such issue. Remove battery, press & hold power button (yes without battery) for about 5-10 seconds. Recharge battery in a similar different phone (5800) or at the best shot with same phone.

~nV!