Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
My 4 year old brother tells his opinion:
1. jdjs faderr grimlinfghj dcjke hakiau jaju luiji mario
(I actually let him write that for not mking me deff with his dinosaur-like cry )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
Do you really thought the Nokia N9 would be released in January or even Q1 2011? Don’t expect it until Q2/Q3 2011!
Sounds plausible to me.

I hope they will release the n9 with real Meego underneath. I'm not really interested in buying another device with no real upgrade path for the OS.

I don't think Meego-Harmattan would be upgradable to Meego. Let's say version 1.3 at least....

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
all this discussion about meego reminds me.

I guess we all who like openess with n900 will be dissapointed when actually nokia release a meego based phone.

I dont think it will be open geektoy like n900 is. some examples:

* meegokernel has no native support for mount linux nfs (network sharing).

* I dont think we can "root" the phone as easy as in the case of n900

* meego has more stricly policys what should be included in meego than maemo did. this is sometimes good sometimes bad. bad when we have to compile wifi broadcom drivers ourself in netbook edition as an example. instead of just enable some external nonoss repository.

* another example: I guess we have to tweek alot more to get mplayer and all codecs working in meego. in maemo we just do apt-get install mplayer codecs or similar. will nokia allow us to use external repositorys for this? can we be sure about that now when Jaaksi most open minded leader at nokia has leaved the ship.

By this I dont say meego/qt is closed but we cant be sure enduser hw based on meego is that open as the case of maemo.

so stick with n900 and wait and see. there will come more fun too our beloved n900 before Nokia release anything at all.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-01 at 13:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
That could be any time , day , month in 2011 . It's just the 1st =/

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
sry but im tooooo raped from yesterday to post something useful

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's only 364 days left. YeHoo!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@zymo
good points but imho E-series is strictly for business and I think Nokia has been quite clear about this. Consumers who are comparing different series and thinking what should they buy have not really thought what they really want.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
@slender
who is talking about E-series? There is no word about E-series devices in my post It was about delay of MeeGo.
I think everybody knows that E-(enterprise) devices are for business usage and not multimedia like N-Series.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
@slender
who is talking about E-series? There is no word about E-series devices in my post It was about delay of MeeGo.
I think everybody knows that E-(enterprise) devices are for business usage and not multimedia like N-Series.
Hmmm...

Originally Posted by zymo
2. The E7 is delayed. It is expected to hit the stores in 2 or 3 weeks. Do you really think Nokia would announce the N9 in Q1 to hurt the sales of E7? Why should i buy an E7 if a more advanced similar form factor device is around the corner?
So again. N-series is N-series and E-series is E-series. Don't mix them.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... what have we learned?

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz