Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
Thanks got mine today.
Is it a design flaw that the magnets are not strong enough for the phone itself to hang on the fridge and work as a picture frame?
probably wasn't designed for the fridge :P

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I said that there is small gap, but we are working on it.
And it functions as perfect fridge magnet meanwhile

Also perfectly fine piece of cutlery if bit expensive,

Last edited by Rauha; 2015-06-11 at 16:44.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Haha .. Alumide .. right??

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
Haha .. Alumide .. right??
Yes.

1,2,3,4,5, character limit.

Will the drivers flip the default screens as well? I could imagine using the phone horizontally a lot more, but that's dependent on whether or not I get the icon texts etc horizontal.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
It's here!

Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
Thanks got mine today.
Is it a design flaw that the magnets are not strong enough for the phone itself to hang on the fridge and work as a picture frame?
Mine stays on the fridge rather well if the keyboard bit is attached as well.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aonsaithya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mjtorn View Post
Will the drivers flip the default screens as well? I could imagine using the phone horizontally a lot more, but that's dependent on whether or not I get the icon texts etc horizontal.
I guess just as it's now. If I hold it portrait: it should be portrait. The keyboard isn't shifted out.
If in landscape: landscape (doesn't matter if keyboard is shifted out.

I can't imagine why you want to do it otherwise.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
I guess just as it's now. If I hold it portrait: it should be portrait. The keyboard isn't shifted out.
If in landscape: landscape (doesn't matter if keyboard is shifted out.

I can't imagine why you want to do it otherwise.
At least on on the N900 once the keyboard is opened the screen orientation is locked to landscape, as you usually don't want the screen to be in portrait at all when using the keyboard.

This is especially useful when typing in awkward angles (lying in bed, etc.), in moving vehicles (bus, car, boat, aircraft, etc.) or when placing the device with open keyboard on an inclined surface.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Exactly, I agree with MartinK. I hope the software will allow that someday. You definitely don't want your Jolla to go into portrait if you have your keyboard slid out, but it can happen if the orientation is only determined by the sensors of the Jolla (i.e., when using the phone in bed). Locking to landscape when keyboard is out might be useless for a few people, but can be useful for many and just has no drawbacks at all.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
@Kimmoli or Dirkvl
Can you upload the drivers/softwares in here or is it MUST to wait Jolla QA? I want to use my tohkb . Thank you for awesome work Kimmoli, Dirkvl, Andrew.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd