hello

i am really about to order one of these tablets in europe. but i am a bit nervous about the battery life. 3 hours is not much for a tablet or pda. that's only enough for a short trainride. nokia talks about 3 hours with activated wifi. has anyone tested it without wifi and deactivated bluetooth? is it possible to lower the brightness of the screen?

what about the screen? any dead pixels or background lightning leaks as with the psp screen?

thanks

bjoern

Originally Posted by bjoern_kah
hello

i am really about to order one of these tablets in europe. but i am a bit nervous about the battery life. 3 hours is not much for a tablet or pda. that's only enough for a short trainride. nokia talks about 3 hours with activated wifi. has anyone tested it without wifi and deactivated bluetooth? is it possible to lower the brightness of the screen?

what about the screen? any dead pixels or background lightning leaks as with the psp screen?

thanks

bjoern
The battery life surprised me in a positive way. If you don't use bluetooth nor wifi, and keep the screen brightness below 50%, the battery will last quite long. (I usually keep it running all day while it's in my pocket with the cover protecting the screen.)

I haven't noticed any dead pixels, and the background lighting is great.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I recharge the battery every three days or so. The device is turned on all the time. The trick is to put the device into "offline mode" when you don't need WLAN or Bluetooth (press the power button and select "offline mode" from the popup menu). This helps a lot.
If you plan to use the device as a PDA and only use it only for some minutes from time to time, the battery can last many days.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ OC,California,USA
WEll you can get a better battery for the price of $20 to 50

Originally Posted by LilNdn
WEll you can get a better battery for the price of $20 to 50
Which battery and where do you get it?

Originally Posted by pycage
The trick is to put the device into "offline mode" when you don't need WLAN or Bluetooth (press the power button and select "offline mode" from the popup menu). This helps a lot.
This is true. Another tip is just insert protective cover over the screen of the 770 and Wlan & Bluetooth connections will be disabled. very nice feature to give more life to the battery.

Originally Posted by tzeta
This is true. Another tip is just insert protective cover over the screen of the 770 and Wlan & Bluetooth connections will be disabled. very nice feature to give more life to the battery.
Doesn't work too well if you want to watch a video or read a book though Offline mode's good for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to andymulhearn For This Useful Post: