Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
Why do people say sudo gainroot?
Habit. Usually if I'm doing something as root, it's more than one command. Using gainroot I don't have to remember to typo sudo every time

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Originally Posted by Kroll
Mitrandir stopped working with increasing quantity of statusbar applets
This sentence have forced me to resume efforts on hildon-desktop

I spent two days and eventually compiled hildon-desktop with following patches included:
  • Changing maximum number of applets in statusbar
  • Locking home applets
  • Working application menu while controlling tablet remotely via VNC or with external mouse
  • Possibility to override hildon-desktop in handling notifications (may be useful for telescope in future)

I can not upload this build into extras-devel, because this will make all tablets to upgrade.

I have uploaded the build here: http://skriblovsky.net/maemo/hildon-desktop/
There are also all sources and diff from pristine tarball.

If you want to try it out, you need to install these debs:Don't forget to reboot after installation
Installation of this packages can lead to conflict with osso-software-version-rxXX package. Generally, it is safe to remove osso-software-version-rxXX.

You can also install my applet-count package from extras-devel. This is Control Panel plugin for changing number of statusbar applets.

If you are brave enough to install this, please post here your results!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post

If you want to try it out, you need to install these debs:

Ok, I downloaded the three debs.... & am unable to install them...

Thanks

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I've failed to install the .debs.
Log was sent to you by email.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
This sentence have forced me to resume efforts on hildon-desktop

I spent two days and eventually compiled hildon-desktop with following patches included:
  • Changing maximum number of applets in statusbar
  • Locking home applets
  • Working application menu while controlling tablet remotely via VNC or with external mouse
  • Possibility to override hildon-desktop in handling notifications (may be useful for telescope in future)
The changes seems amazing - especially the first two.
If they become stable I'd love to see them included in a Diablo5 release !
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Snoshrk
These debs must be installed from command line as root, like this:
Code:
dpkg -i libhildondesktop0_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb libhildonwm0_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb hildon-desktop_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb
I don't think that graphical Application Manager will be so kind to install them

Kroll, from the logs you have sent it seems that you typed paths to debs incorrectly

silvermountain, the more beta testers we have, the faster it will become stable

I forgot to mention very important thing: in order to get more applets in statusbar you will need to tweak you theme config file too (theme.xml). Of course, i can help with this if you will give me the name of your favorite theme.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:

Neat. I like the draglock, and extra applets in the status bar. Though I haven't figured out how many I like. Thanks Mitrandir!

Does anybody know how to change Skype chat text color? It use a config which is looks like themename/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and there is a line which set this color to DefaultTextColor. But there is no line which set this DefaultTextColor (I mean something like "DefaultTextColor = "#ffffff"")
This problem is the same as problem with built-in chat app, but in last one we can change color in settings but in skype we can't.

10/19/2010:
Diablo 5 v.0.8

* Fixed bug with virtual keyboard's menu (copy/paste/language)
* Default task switcher replaces with Telescope
* Diablo5 Wallpaper added
* CSS fix for Tear
* Window borders removed. Apps now working at full screen
* Some icons were improved
* More than 7 statusbar applets supported and desktop applets drag lock (If you already have installed patched hildon-desktop)

If you need patched hildon-desktop you need to install these debs BEFORE theme:
Use
Code:
dpkg -i libhildondesktop0_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb libhildonwm0_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb hildon-desktop_2.0.18-1fix1mtr_armel.deb
Don't forget to reboot after installation
Installation of this packages can lead to conflict with osso-software-version-rxXX package. Generally, it is safe to remove osso-software-version-rxXX.

You can also install applet-count package from extras-devel. This is Control Panel plugin for changing number of statusbar applets.

Bug was fixed. v0.8.1

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-10-20 at 12:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post: