At www.movieflix.com you can watch movies for free over the web. It seems to work with 770 too. The movies are in real player format. You must choose the narrowband, the broadband is more like a slide show. Just click the narrowband icon and the 770 opens the videoplayer and you can enjoy the movie.
The picture quality is not very good, actually it's quite bad. The selection of free movies is not very large and the titles are pretty old. But there are really interesting ones too, like Mr. Robinson Crusoe starring Douglas Fairbanks from 1932. And if you're willing to pay you can upgrade to Plus, and get more movies. I think it's great fun to watch movies with 770 in a cafe or somewhere!

Originally Posted by wweg
At www.movieflix.com you can watch movies for free over the web. It seems to work with 770 too. The movies are in real player format. You must choose the narrowband, the broadband is more like a slide show. Just click the narrowband icon and the 770 opens the videoplayer and you can enjoy the movie.
The picture quality is not very good, actually it's quite bad. The selection of free movies is not very large and the titles are pretty old. But there are really interesting ones too, like Mr. Robinson Crusoe starring Douglas Fairbanks from 1932. And if you're willing to pay you can upgrade to Plus, and get more movies. I think it's great fun to watch movies with 770 in a cafe or somewhere!
Jus checked the Sci Fi selection and there's A Boy and his Dog starring a young Don Johnson. which I thought was a huge cult hit.

Definitely something to do once, though wit BT Openzone charging 20 pence per minute, £18 to watch a film is a bit of a stretch.