Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Hi all -

I'm interested in finding out what people are having success using their N770 to remote control.

I'll kick it off - does anyone out there have a Squeezebox? If so, have you used the web interface from your N770?

If you've got a Squeezebox but are OneOfTheMany(tm) with their N770 on order, could you drop a few notes into this thread about how you think the 800x480 N770 display will do for the webgui? Is it javascript intensive (not a problem, but it'd be nice to know)? Does it require the sacrifice of your first-born^W^W^W^W^WJava?

Any thoughts on this, or another, device?

Cheers!
jc

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
The Slimserver web interface works fine on the 770 - no real performance problems - javascript etc is fine, it tends to be heavy Flash sites that take all the memory

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I have a Roku SoundBridge. It's a network music player that I have connected to my stereo. There is a freeware UPnP Java remote controller out there on the Net and there is a SoundBridge remote controller under development. Both would be very cool on a 770 with Java.

If I could get mine...that is!

-F

I wrote a web applet to control playing my MP3s and also internet radio, and I now control that using my N770, together with attaching an FM transmitter to the PC so that I can listen to and control the audio anywhere in the house...