Well I'm not one of those people who want 7inch and 10inch devices because you can't really fit those into a pocket and there is the fact with smartphones you have to pay a lot of money for cellular service and pdas are essentially dead. Nokia doesn't seem to have intentions on making more Internet tablets. The ideal form factor for me is 4-5inches where the device can do a lot but it can also fit in a pocket. Ok so archos is making a new Internet tablets. This one is called the Archos 43 http://www.archos.com/products/ta/ar...try=us&lang=en
Specs
Operating System: Android 2.2
Storage: Available in 8gb and 16gb plus microsd expansion
Camera: 2mp camera capable of 720p hd video recording at 30fps
Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Usb 2.0, Usb 2.0 Host device, and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
Processor: 1ghz ARM Cortex A8 with dsp
Screen: 4.3inch 854x480 resistive touchscreen
Supported Audio Formats: Mp3, AAC, WMA, OGG, and Flac
Supported Video Formats: AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, MPG, PS, TS, VOB, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF, 3GP
Supported Video Codecs: MPEG-4, H.264, and wmv9
Supported Image Formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
TV Out: HDMI out through mini HDMI
What I like about it:
Adobe Flash 10.1
Super Fast processor
Very Nicely designed
HD Video recording
HDMI Out
Kickstand
Indications of $200 pricetag
What I Don't Like:
The still camera is only 2mp
Divx support would be nice
Other than a few things this device is very nice. for the price tag this device is incredibly capable. So I think I will get my hands on one when this comes out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Is there any real use today for such a device? It is the same size as some of the current android phones. Why not just get a phone and carry only onr device around? If you get this you still need to carry a phone with you.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Is there any real use today for such a device? It is the same size as some of the current android phones. Why not just get a phone and carry only onr device around? If you get this you still need to carry a phone with you.
x2... there are android phones with 4.3 inch screens yes?

The Following User Says Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post:
Please name me a super high end Android phone that is $200 without contract. I kinda like the form factor (but that's just me).

Not everyone needs to carry a phone.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
the price is right, but a mobile device today without phone connection, is a dead end road except a couple of niche markets.

Originally Posted by bsving View Post
the price is right, but a mobile device today without phone connection, is a dead end road except a couple of niche markets.
Again not everyone needs a phone that is why people have bought devices like Nokia Internet Tablets, Archos Internet Tablets, and iPod Touches because cellular service and the devices themselves are too expensive for some people.

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2010-09-04 at 22:16.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
You mean like tablets?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
You assume the point of view of the seller. As an end user, one doesn't care if one gets a desirable product from a niche market or from a large market. On the contrary, I would never buy something I do not need just because it is popular.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Archos AV440 is still probably one of the best gadgets i have owned and while it was not cheap that package came with everything and i really wouldn't mind to buy the Archos 70.

Problem is that i believe this wont have Android market as these new Archos tablets are missing phone cabalities that Google demands.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post: