Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
So this was reported from some Norwegian news site.

http://e24.no/it/her-gaar-1500-nokia...otest/20023317

Google translate:

1500 depressed Nokia employees went home Friday in a kind of silent protest, after Nokia's CEO announced mass layoffs.

Friday, the 1,500 Nokia employees work at Nokia's plant in Oulu in spontaneous protest.
The employees, mainly working on software development for Nokia now expects to lose their jobs. This reports the Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat.
The reaction came soon after that their new CEO, Stephen Elop, had told the world that he intends to terminate a significant part of Nokia's 130,000 employees.
- A few Nokia employees chose to take advantage of the flexible working hours, union representatives said Kalle wedge, in a comment under the terms of the alternate strike.

Symbian downgraded

Several hundred of the 2,000 employees could lose their jobs because they work with the now downgrade the operating systems Symbian and MeeGo.
Nokia and Microsoft have not said that these should be phased out completely, but that Nokia will mainly focus on Windows 7 Phone

Nokia Corp

Source: http://bors.e24.no/e24/portal/e24no/...ticker=NOK.NYS

Kind regards,
Futtawuh

------------------------------------------
Alienware M15X
Razer Naga/Lycosa/Charcarias
Win7 - Ubuntu 10.10

Did I help you ? Then thank me ! --->

Last edited by futtawuh; 2011-02-12 at 09:53.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to futtawuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Good on them, too bad some of them will loose their jobs soon, hope they find employment asap. I probably would have resigned after today announcement anyway...

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-02-11 at 23:13.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
thats nice. Destroy the company from within.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
Good on them, too bad some of them will loose their jobs soon, hope they find employment asap. I probably would have resign after today announcement anyway...
Ayes, I dont think Nokia will last that long with this. So I'd join you in that hunt for a new job.

------------------------------------------
Alienware M15X
Razer Naga/Lycosa/Charcarias
Win7 - Ubuntu 10.10

Did I help you ? Then thank me ! --->

I really wonder how much talent will defect. Maybe Elop won't care if software guys leave, but what happens when some of the hardware talent starts to go?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
HP and Google are already snatching those folks up.

Can't say I blame them either.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
HP and Google are already snatching those folks up.

Can't say I blame them either.
GREAT ZARQUON! Can you imagine being that last new hire in one of those divisions at Nokia?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
GREAT ZARQUON! Can you imagine being that last new hire in one of those divisions at Nokia?
Or having been accepted for one of the MeeGo positions posted in the last couple months? Especially if you're not already inside Finland?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Grade school behaviour of children whose toys are being taken away. I hope Elop doesn't hesitate to fire their asses, this is a business and not a personal playground. They should be thankful for still getting a paycheque after years of torturing people with Symbian.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Grade school behaviour of children whose toys are being taken away. I hope Elop doesn't hesitate to fire their asses, this is a business and not a personal playground. They should be thankful for still getting a paycheque after years of torturing people with Symbian.
As if its their fault, idiot.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:

Tags
blame others, buysomethinelse, elop loves cock, few rule many, in the arse, kajko blows, stfu kajko