I honestly do not understand why people over here are disappointed. N9 was never meant to be N900 successor. If they had stuck with original symbian + Qt + Meego plan, N9 wouldve been their flagship product for 2011. It might still be. And you know what FLAGSHIPS ARE NOT MADE FOR A FEW THOUSAND GEEKS. They are mass market devices targeted at millions. And N9 is perfect for them. A normal personal doesn't need a HWKB. How many iphone users complain about lack of HWKB? eh. 95% people do not need user replaceable battery. Heck I myself am a power user and ive never bought a second battery for a phone. And USB OTG? How many people actually use it on daily basis? Few.
N9 is THE perfect phone for average consumers out there. Good hardware with excellent software. And I do not understand your hypocrisy. On one hand you want MeeGo(N9) to be retained and used to fight off ios and android and yet you want it to have N900 like capabilities. A geek phone cannot compete ios and android. it is time you understood this. N9 is a much better consumer product than the brick N900 was (this coming from an ardent N900 fan). And you know what no one gives a sh*t if a couple hundred geeks do not agree

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to adnokr5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
N900 doesn't have GPS. ONly A-GPS. N9 has both. A-GPS works with cell towers. GPS works standalone meaning it can connect to the satellites to get a lock.
what crack pipe have you smoked?

it has a GPS, with the A- bit meaning the GPS receiver can be seeded with data downloaded from nokia's servers.

--edit--
also, a GPS receiver does not connect to the satellites, it's purely a receiver.

Last edited by speculatrix; 2011-06-21 at 11:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
how much more power efficient is OMAP3630 compared to OMAP3430 on N900 ? and since the battery is stated 1450mAh do you think this would double batterylife compared to N900 ?

Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
N900 doesn't have GPS. ONly A-GPS. N9 has both. A-GPS works with cell towers. GPS works standalone meaning it can connect to the satellites to get a lock.
That's not correct, N900's GPS works also in off line (tablet) mode .

Last edited by kolos; 2011-06-21 at 11:35.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
If N9 has that wl1273 chip, then it has fmtx&rx maybe they dont have ready software for it.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
and why exactly are you guessing that?
Originally Posted by Release Note For Nokia N950 device software
N950 has a 4” TFT LCD display whereas N9 has 3.9” AMOLED display. Display resolution is same on both devices (854x480). Due to the use of different display technologies, developers should avoid one pixel with fonts and graphical objects with lines one pixel wide.
Sounds like a pentile display to me. Dotty lines ahoy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
now the the phone finally has been anonunced we se alot of whining in this thread by several IDIOTS!

Why dont you people leave this forum now and go get some ****ing Android, Iphone or whatever crap whe dont need you here anymore!? Alright!!

Or maybe I should leave to so sick of so many idiots here

This forum is dying

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
how much more power efficient is OMAP3630 compared to OMAP3430 on N900 ? and since the battery is stated 1450mAh do you think this would double batterylife compared to N900 ?
Plus N9 got AMOLED screen... but then also larger screen.

My GS and iphone 4 both running essentially the same or same type of SOC both got much better battery life than N900. Iphone 4 lasts 2 days where GS one and a half.

On my use N900 lasted almost a day or a day.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Sounds like a pentile display to me. Dotty lines ahoy.
Might be but i don't think so. If it's a pentile screen it's most likely made by Samsung and i haven't seen pentile 854x480 reso screen from Samsung, 800x480, yes.
Engadget compared to screen to super LCD and was very impressed.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-21 at 11:36.

So leave - what do you expect ? ppl to beg you to stay ?

Or are you one of those posters who want to write big drama posts to announce your departure ?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
now the the phone finally has been anonunced we se alot of whining in this thread by several IDIOTS!

Why dont you people leave this forum now and go get some ****ing Android, Iphone or whatever crap whe dont need you here anymore!? Alright!!

Or maybe I should leave to so sick of so many idiots here

This forum is dying

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Fremantle vs Harmattan comparison http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta...omparison.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatcobrah For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland