Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
So Google Calendar works if you add your google account? Even if Jolla doesn't support CalDAV? I can't wait to get my Jolla. Not that I can't live with my N9, but I do want something new and exciting.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Here is the million dollar question: would you buy this phone as a present for someone that just needs a good smartphone and will never get to use X terminal ?
Yes. Allready I have two jPhones coming from preorder #2 in addition to the one I picked from Narinkkatori. One is going to my wife. She will just have to live with it . The other one will be my spare just in case I brick the first one while tinkering with it. If Jolla updates sailfish monthly, I have no doubt that eventually the phone will be suitable for more varied use.

At the moment my wife has Nokia C5-00, so jPhone is no worse to learn than any other touch phone. In addition she will finally have a usable e-mail in her phone and a better camera. She uses MMS rather heavily, so I really do hope that Jolla will fix that too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I think we should stick to the official name of the Jolla instead of pushing and spreading an unofficial name that may serve badly Jolla because of the obvious comparison and indexing issues, i.e., the jPhone (although it is a good finding). Distinguishing the phone from the company won't be that hard: the Jolla is designed by Jolla.

Or we can call it like we used to call the N900, the beast, or something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zamorph View Post
I really hope that this can be implemented for the Jolla event view at some point in the future.

In the N9's event view, I can scroll through all my Twitter and Facebook posts from the last few hours - I just counted 79 tweets / posts. (This without having to open an app.)

For me, that is such a powerful feature of the N9!

(That and the N9's low power mode screen.)
this is the best feature i like in my N9, and this is the feature i believe makes my N9 unique. I hope Jolla will implement this very soon.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
So Google Calendar works if you add your google account? Even if Jolla doesn't support CalDAV? I can't wait to get my Jolla. Not that I can't live with my N9, but I do want something new and exciting.
I think it would most probably work, but only inside the android part and maybe not under Jolla UX. Additionally it could create unwelcome background processes, so I'm not willing to test that...

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Someone's, who got the phone already, delusions with their imaginary friend. (Credits to Coldplay)

Look at the phone
Look how it shines for you
And everything you do
Yeah, it was all Jolla

I came along
I bought the phone for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Jolla"

So then I took my turn
Oh what a fix to've done
And it was all Jolla

Your skin, oh yeah, the ambience
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know? You know I love you so
You know I praise you so

I queued for long
I queued too long for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all Jolla

I wrote a line
I made review for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all Jolla

It's true
Look how it shines for you
Look how it feels for you
Look how it works for

Look at the phone
Look how it looks at you
And all the things you do

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Stop call it jPhone Apple may sue Jolla

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ocp32 View Post
http://mynokiablog.com/2013/11/29/ho...m-jolla-phone/

I didn't see this posted here...
This is so gonna be shut out by the time I get a chance to use a Jolla phone... but this is pretty damn cool.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Actually, Marcus Lundqvist in his video of the calendar said he has added his Google account, but does NOT get the Google calendar synced on the Jolla.
Google calendar is not synced via CalDAV btw. I hope Jolla will support CalDAV sometime soon though, it'd be a lifesaver.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Actually, Marcus Lundqvist in his video of the calendar said he has added his Google account, but does NOT get the Google calendar synced on the Jolla.
Google calendar is not synced via CalDAV btw. I hope Jolla will support CalDAV sometime soon though, it'd be a lifesaver.
Really? So what is the use of the calendar if it can't be synced with online services... What are my options now?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience