Closed Thread
I really need a big help...
I graduated from a school about a year ago.. still struggling to find good paying job, and just came to find out that my parents had taken a loan on their house to fund my education. This came as a very big surprise to me. I have done everything I can, pawned everything I own but still in a big bind. Also have visited numerous banks but with-out any collateral there just is no chance. My parents will not be able to work to sustain their life and I am living hand to mouth for a while.
This is my last hope and the path I can see. I have just drawn blank and feel like every doors have been shut.
I know that I am not a valuable community member as I have not given anything to this place.
But right now I have gathered a lot of courage to even post this online. I would really appreciate any-kind of help that I could receive from any-one.

Donate through PayPal. This is the only service I can think of right now.

edit:
I have a Nikon 3000 DSLR (i know entry level, but this was my graduation gift) comes wth 8gb memory card and a tripod with laptop/camera back pack.
32" lcd TV and a ps3 with one controller and 2 games.
Please make an offer.

Last edited by somedude; 2011-08-02 at 00:43.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I am afraid I am far from the position to help you (being a tech guy for a telecom company), but I would like to tell you that I admire your courage and action! Hope it goes well for you. Hang in there! Respect.

thank you for your willingness.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I live in a relatively poor country which is in a serious crisis. It's tough man, but few people are open about that and wiling to show any vulnerability. I have no choice but to admire that.

added small things that I have left in house to sell.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
It would be more helpful if you could mention which country you are living in, do you have a job already?

What was your major in education? What are your interests? Post your resume somewhere if you have one.

I've been where you are at and the answer is not to sell minor assets at all. You need to be objective, remove whatever emotional aspect restricts you from making the best decision possible. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind, if you don't have anything to spare after feeding yourself, then that is all you can do right now and your parents will understand. Maybe nobody else will tell you this, but you need to consider that it could be your parents who need to change their lifestyle to meet their own income levels. While it is admirable that you love and live for them, you also have to be realistic.

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
It would be more helpful if you could mention which country you are living in, do you have a job already?

What was your major in education? What are your interests? Post your resume somewhere if you have one.

I've been where you are at and the answer is not to sell minor assets at all. You need to be objective, remove whatever emotional aspect restricts you from making the best decision possible. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind, if you don't have anything to spare after feeding yourself, then that is all you can do right now and your parents will understand. Maybe nobody else will tell you this, but you need to consider that it could be your parents who need to change their lifestyle to meet their own income levels. While it is admirable that you love and live for them, you also have to be realistic.
Currently I am in USA, working in college.
I graduated in BBA.
Yeah I do realize that I need to suppress my emotional heights and think rationally, but its hard when all you get around your head is the same old stuff. Yeah they have changed their life-style a lot for past 4-5 years since they both got retired and have been living on pension. Thats the most thing that I am worried about.

Closed Thread