Notices

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey ive have been facing a very strange touch screen problem. there is this part on my screen in the top left corner and it acts wierd. like when i swipe my homescreens and touch on that area, it messes and goes opposite the direction in which i am moving. and when i try to move any widget that is in the area, it move further away and opposite direction as if they cannot stay in that area. its like a magnet that is moving widgets away. like the touch screen is messed up in that area. it lags in that area and always goes the wrong way in which i want. like i was changing colour in theme custumizer and i selected the colour in that area with my finger n the cursor moved away from that colour to the opposite direction.its really hard to explain. any solution? is this hardware issue?

one more thingl. it feels like if i tap on the area on homescreen, it moves so hard and changes the homscreen. if i tap on homescreen anywhere else, it is normal, but if i tap on that area, it moves and changes the somescreen. please help

Seems like touchlayer problem. I think you'll need to buy a replacement. they aren't too expensive on Ebay.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hi have you got a screen protector on your phone? If you do then its your screen protector just remove it clean the screen clean properly and also either clean and reapply your screen protector but advise you apply new screen protector! Hopefully this should solve your problem!

hey i do have the screen protector, are u sure its because of it? because all of a sudden im having this problem. this screen protector is on for 2 months.

Well its happened to me twice and after i removed cleaned and reapplied my screen protector the problem disappeared! I think somehow the screen protector either slightly expands or retracts and causes this problem! Give it a go you have nothing to lose its cheaper then the other solution given above!

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
Ok just try this remove your screen protector clean the screen then try the touch screen if it works fine then its defo your screen protector!!!

I second that - it's of course worth to try every possible solution. Just doesn't hold Your breath, cause it's most unlikely to be protector fail, unless you give it a really bad treatment

If it's not protector, I would go even further, like restoring backups from working time (you use backupmenu, right? If not, just start to use it ), and if that doesn't help, create backup and reflash.

Not that I believe it can help You, but that doesn't cost You nothing (except a little time), and it's worth trying before spending ~30$ on new touch panel.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I second that - it's of course worth to try every possible solution. Just doesn't hold Your breath, cause it's most unlikely to be protector fail, unless you give it a really bad treatment
With 100% certainty this issue IS the screen protector. It's not 'worth a try' - the correct response is "Just remove it already and get a new one"

There are several threads that describe these symptoms, I've had the same problem myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
I hope that thread creator will post about his findings, cause I'm really interested (and I doubt, in fact) that this is the case. Of course if it turns otherwise, I'll be happy to turn back my words about doubt
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-