Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
hey guys,

i have a n900 with a broken usb port, it fell out before about 6months ago, sent away for a week and was replaced with a new handset. 3months later the usb port fell out of this handset too.

i couldn't bare to go without it for a week again, so i've been using a spare battery and external charger for the past 3months and got along fine, but i've just bought a new phone, and will sadly be leaving the n900 behind.

its still under warranty so my plan is to take it to the shop, and then since theres no n900's left it'll be replaced with, well, i'm not bothered what its replaced with since its not an n900 it will be going on eBay.

but before i go having it replaced i wanted to offer it here, i know people are still looking for n900's, its an amazing phone (tablet) and if someone here makes me a decent offer for it as it i would rather someone enjoy the last amazing smartphone available.

so there it is, handsets about 6 months old, 2 batterys (one original, one seems to be a fake nokia), broken usb port, (i should still have the broken off connector somewhere if you want that with it), original box and accessories etc.

any offers?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ reino unido
hi mate ill offer you £50 for it and can pay by paypal if the offer is to low what are you looking for

cheers

rob

well it'll most likely be replaced with an e7 or something similar, which are selling on eBay for 250-300. so if i dont sell to someone on here thats what i'll get for the replacement.
obviously i dont expect to fetch that much for what i have now, i'd take 150-200 for it and the good karma of keeping a n900 (mostly) alive.
i appreciate your offer, i dont mind letting this go for £100 less than what i'd fetch for the replacement, but £50 is quite a lot less.
i realise its a lot of money for what is essentially a broken phone, but when you consider what i can get for the replacement i dont think i'm being too greedy, i just love this phone too much to think it's getting binned before its time when someone could do as much with it as i do.

hi mate thanks for your quick reply ill give you £100 if you want to sell it for that is it only the usb that is broken on it, is the rest of the phone still functional and also is the phone sim locked. many thanks

rob

If he doesn't want to, i have an N900 also with a broken USB port, Unlocked to all networks.

I could take £100 for it, if this sales drops, PM me.

Craig

sweet cheers craig thanks for the info mate ill let festivalnut make his mind up if not ill tap ya up (so wanna get my hands on one of these bad boys)

cheers rob

Originally Posted by reflexdarky View Post
sweet cheers craig thanks for the info mate ill let festivalnut make his mind up if not ill tap ya up (so wanna get my hands on one of these bad boys)

cheers rob
No probs mate.

Keep me posted!

Craig

yes apart from the usb port everything is working, unlocked to all networks (as far as i'm aware all n900's are.) only other bad side is a couple of minor scratches on the screen. i'll get pictures and everything sorted, but it'll likely be a week before i'm actually able to actually sell it, its my birthday tomorrow and i'm going to be spending the next week too drunk to do much at all.
in the meantime CraigRobbo's offer seems good.

okie mate ill keep you posted. craig i cant seem to work out how to pm you think might be becasue my account is new and hasnt got right permissions not to sure if you could pm me we can talk further

cheers rob

Originally Posted by reflexdarky View Post
okie mate ill keep you posted. craig i cant seem to work out how to pm you think might be becasue my account is new and hasnt got right permissions not to sure if you could pm me we can talk further

cheers rob
Best bet would be to shoot me an email:

craigrobbo@msn.com

Craig