Updated Nokia Suite and synced my contacts today only to find out a very strange situation to have been going on in my N9 contacts address book.

I have some contacts that are not synced to MfE (should not be the case since it should be done by default), and these contacts naturally were the only to get copied to the Nokia Suite, the synced ones remained un-copied.
So this is question #1: How do I edit the contact on my N9 to make it sync to MfE?

Also I discovered that I have two copies of some of my contacts (one that got copied to Nokia Suite and one that didn't and does sync to MfE), but N9 contacts application is showing only the latter. The contacts in question don't seem to have been merged (at least there is no un-merge option) and test deleted a contact via Nokia Suite doesn't alter anything visibly on the N9. Also the information contained is not necessary identical, but the Nokia Suite version is nowhere to be located in the N9.
So this is question #2: What is going on?

I currently sync only one Nokia, the N9 with my PC

Thanks for any ideas on this peculiar situation.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Updated Nokia Suite and synced my contacts today only to find out a very strange situation to have been going on in my N9 contacts address book.

I have some contacts that are not synced to MfE (should not be the case since it should be done by default), and these contacts naturally were the only to get copied to the Nokia Suite, the synced ones remained un-copied.
So this is question #1: How do I edit the contact on my N9 to make it sync to MfE?

Also I discovered that I have two copies of some of my contacts (one that got copied to Nokia Suite and one that didn't and does sync to MfE), but N9 contacts application is showing only the latter. The contacts in question don't seem to have been merged (at least there is no un-merge option) and test deleted a contact via Nokia Suite doesn't alter anything visibly on the N9. Also the information contained is not necessary identical, but the Nokia Suite version is nowhere to be located in the N9.
So this is question #2: What is going on?

I currently sync only one Nokia, the N9 with my PC

Thanks for any ideas on this peculiar situation.
Hi Friend,

When it comes to syncing, Nokia always advices to use only either Nokia Suite or Mail For Exchange...you can probably alternate, but don't enable both at the same time or else you'll get duplicated/mixed up contacts and contact details. This is true even for models prior to the N900/N9, etc. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Hi Friend,

When it comes to syncing, Nokia always advices to use only either Nokia Suite or Mail For Exchange...you can probably alternate, but don't enable both at the same time or else you'll get duplicated/mixed up contacts and contact details. This is true even for models prior to the N900/N9, etc. I learned my lesson the hard way.
I can vouch for that...

@topet2k12001 and @PhatApteryx, trust me this is not where the issue lies. Nokia Suite is a dead-end synchronization, as the contacts from there don't go to MfE again (say via Thunderbird/Outlook).

Okay, you guys really make me sweat here, I feel like making a nifty info-graphics on my HP tablet to drop in my Dropbox (hey anyone care to earn me some referral bonus space quota? okay this is sooo off topic) to illustrate the issues at hand: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73137381/N9...%20diagram.PNG
  • So the real question what's up with contact labeled #5, and why deleting it from Nokia Suite doesn't remove it from the N9 and MfE?
  • As well as, what's up with #4, where it came from and how do I convert it to MfE sync item?

Thanks!

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-09-20 at 03:13.

And just discovered that there is some discrepancy in the contact fields going on.

Interestingly, my old E60 had no issues syncing live via MfE and syncing contacts with Nokia Suite (for the purpose of recognizing the SMS addresses).