Active Topics

Notices

This email client is great. Even at the moment, it is significantly faster than the built-in client - I can't wait for it to become fully-functional!

Keep up the good work!

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Lets keep this one alive everyone..

Please to the developers can you get this app to work for sending emails, also desktop alerts, thats all we need and we can then finally chuck Modest

Wow this works really well for whats been implemented, has development stopped on this? real shame if it has.

Originally Posted by niko3d View Post
has development stopped on this?
Nope, it's still pretty active. There have been no commits to he Maemo GUI for the last few months, though, and it means that these versions got even further apart from the main branch. This means that volunteers are encouraged to pick the work and merge the Maemo-specific GUI into the master branch. I don't own the N900.

Scary name... Trojita - small, cute female Trojan.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Scary name... Trojita - small, cute female Trojan.
Well, no worry, it actually means 'Triple' in Czech (author's langage)

BTW - It would be really great if someone decided to continue working on its Maemo GUI....

I've received my N950 yesterday, so there's gonna be a UI for Harmattan. I'm just starting to get into mobile applications, so I have no idea what modifications it would need to work on N900. Patches and ideas are welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkt For This Useful Post:
A preview of the N9/N950 package is available from http://jkt.flaska.net/n950/ , source code at http://gitorious.org/trojita . Functionality is rather limited at this point, so if you would like to help, this might be a perfect opportunity to get involved with QML.

The Following User Says Thank You to jkt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by jkt View Post
A preview of the N9/N950 package is available from http://jkt.flaska.net/n950/ , source code at http://gitorious.org/trojita . Functionality is rather limited at this point, so if you would like to help, this might be a perfect opportunity to get involved with QML.
I am going to download the code and try it out. Do you have a list of things that you would like help with?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

One thing which I cannot do myself is "making the GUI pretty" -- I know how to work with a C++ code and can manage the QML code most of the time, but I'm certainly not a designer.

Another thing which is missing from the Touch UI is support for actually rendering messages. If you'd like to add that, go ahead, but I hope I'll find some time to add that.

Another things are bits like menu for controlling offline/online mode, integrating with the gconf backend for storing user's preferences, maybe moving them to the Settings app. etc etc.