Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I am typing this on the vkb of meego tablet developer preview on a lenovo s10-3t. The software is brilliant even for a dev preview, it's stable and perfectly usable for everyday use. A big bravo to the developers. It still haas some rough edges but I am really excited to see it grow. I also used android x86 2.2 on the device and meego blows it away by a big margin.

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-07-17 at 12:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Tell us more and if possible add some pics? please.

Ok, I will take some pics or maybe a small video in a while. For now, I can tell you that the interface is finger friendly, vkb works fine except that sometimes it is alittle difficult to make it go away. Flash works on it out o the box. Wifi didn't work but after some fiddling and instructions from slaine.org I made it work. The panels home view is very nice, the browser is fast and easy to use, albeit with one bug (it stops rendering some times and you have to zoom in to refresh it) Multitouch works very good and without lag. There is no way to go to the home screen in tablet mode, but I remapped the front mute key to Super (windows key) so now I am using it in full tablet mode. Email app has all major providers and I easily configured it for gmail, but havent worked much with it.

Ah, and it has a bug, apps list is always portrait, everything else always landscape. Accelerometer does not work out of he box, I haven't seen report of it working on linux yet.

Ask if you got any specific questions.

I have just looked at the specs for that device and it is quite a beast with a Intel® Atom™ Processor N455 with single-core and one memory slot so i wonder what ram you have installed etc.

Looks good from spec and the MeeGo build you have installed everyone i would think is interested that wants to play with a different os.

It's stock. I think it has a N450 though (I am not sure what the difference with the 455 is if there is any) and 1gb of ram. Win7 is pretty useless an slow as a tablet os even after some customisation (kineting scrolling lags too much except in operaa mobile) and vkb is cumbersome. So for now meego suits me better.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Video coming in soon

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Waiting to see the demo, let's see how it's progressing

I am just wondering if it is anything like the MeeGo build on the coming N9 device, and what build he has actually installed and where from etc.

Patiently waiting here lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fquHJR3y4E

sorry guys for the delay it was a 175mb video, it took ages to upload

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fquHJR3y4E

sorry guys for the delay it was a 175mb video, it took ages to upload
Well it is probably the best video i have seen of the MeeGo UX to date and was well worth the time to make it !.

Now that IS cool as it is already showing great improvements on the build so far and more like what we expected rather than a dull put together so yes thumbs up for that one sure.

Thankyou for your time and effort in the making of that, muchly appreciated !.

Tags
meego tablet ux