Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
What is the range of this application in metres or feet? For me it does not work more than 3 or 4 feet which is very less.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
What is the range of this application in metres or feet? For me it does not work more than 3 or 4 feet which is very less.
Pierogi should work at about the range of a normal infrared remote control, but several users have reported very short range, particularly with some Sony televisions. Can you tell me what type of device you are trying to control? (And the keyset you are using with it?) Thanks!

@Copernicus

Didin't want to bother you with my daewoo tv but I decided to give it a shot. Are there any chances for some more remotes? Can I help you some way to pin the right remote? should I provide some data from the manual or something?

Copernicus - Thanks again for all of your work. The Motorola STB Keyset 1 works with the Comcast cable boxes very well (both Pace and Motorola). In fact all three keysets (1, 1a and 1b) do.
You've added a feature which was absent on the Comcast remote (Media tab "->Advance") which is a "Jump forward 15 Sec" button.
I do have one more request for this remote set: The "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons are absent. While they may not seem important they serve 2 functions: 1) jump up/down 1 page in the guide; 2) Jump Back 5 Minutes (in DVR for Page Down button) and Jump Forward 5 Minutes (in DVR for Page Up button).
That Jump 5 minute function allows me to skip the commercials so if you could add that function to the "Step Back" and "Step Fwd" buttons of the Media tab of the Motorola Keyset 1 I'd be very happy (as though I weren't already - A remote for my N900 which actually works? Pierogi is it).

Thank you very much Copernicus,
David

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Hi, fantastic app! We've got a Panasonic HTS3548 home theatre/DVD and the closest device supported Pierogi is HTS3544, which unfortunately doesn't work. How does support for new devices get added to LIRC/Pierogi et al?

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Are there any chances for some more remotes? Can I help you some way to pin the right remote?
There are always chances! But yeah, I've pretty much tapped out all my usual sources of information.

should I provide some data from the manual or something?
Up until a couple of days ago, I would have guessed no, but I just downloaded an LG user manual that <gasp> contained an actual description of their IR protocol, along with a handful of actual control codes! If Daewoo puts any info like that in their manuals, I'd be happy to enter it into Pierogi...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I do have one more request for this remote set: The "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons are absent.
Actually, they aren't absent, but rather hidden; if you go up to the Pierogi menu, and select "Secondary Buttons", you'll find four more tabs filled with buttons I didn't have space for in the main windows. The first of these tabs ("TV") has the Page Up / Page Down buttons.

That Jump 5 minute function allows me to skip the commercials so if you could add that function to the "Step Back" and "Step Fwd" buttons of the Media tab of the Motorola Keyset 1 I'd be very happy (as though I weren't already - A remote for my N900 which actually works? Pierogi is it).
Let me go ahead and do that -- it sounds like a good idea to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
We've got a Panasonic HTS3548 home theatre/DVD and the closest device supported Pierogi is HTS3544, which unfortunately doesn't work.
Do you mean the Philips HTS3548? Let me take another look at the LIRC config files, I didn't put as much effort into coding up audio devices as I did TVs when I was working on Philips.

How does support for new devices get added to LIRC/Pierogi et al?
For now, support for new devices in Pierogi is pretty much done through me. The LIRC project, however, has been built up by hundreds (maybe thousands) of IR enthusiasts creating software to read the IR pulses sent by remotes into their PCs. It's really a kind of amazing project...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Requesting support for Sony RM-EV100 remote for Sony video cameras (EVI-D30,D70,D100). These robotic cameras have a switch for 3 different remote codes.
Some hex codes can be found from Remote Central model EVI-D30.

Originally Posted by satoh View Post
Requesting support for Sony RM-EV100 remote for Sony video cameras (EVI-D30,D70,D100). These robotic cameras have a switch for 3 different remote codes.
Some hex codes can be found from Remote Central model EVI-D30.
I shall give it a shot. It takes a bit more time for me to extract codes from the Pronto data, but with Sony, I can always cross-check against the big list.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control