Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Hello Scorpius,

again thank you very much for your work you keep up with on Yappari!

With the last version and its Push-to-talk feature I accidentally seem to use the now "Push-to-talk" button that was "sent" before.
I like to be able to press "enter" on the keyboard for a line break instead of sending the message. If I'd use the default config to press enter to send the message I guess there wouldn't be a problem.
It seems to conflict with the Push-to-talk button when I want to send the message with the software sent button.

Would it be an option to enable that Push-to-talk not by default and leave the send button in place instead?
I don't understand why this is a problem for you. If you start typing the button becomes the "Send" button and the microphone icon disappears, and if you press it, it's just send.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
Thanks a lot for this wonderful program but the problem is with the size of images each time i have to resize it to send it again in order to be sent no to get stucked

So can you please do something to picture's size more than 600 kb
We already told you that the size limit of WhatsApp is 12 MB and nobody can reproduce your problem. I think the problem is the program you use to create those pictures (which are invalid, maybe they don't have a correct JFIF metadata or something). When you resize it, you create a NEW VALID image.

I'm sure that if you resize it to an image bigger than 600 KB it still works since you're creating a NEW VALID image.

Remember WhatsApp reject your images with INVALID FORMAT not with an error about the size.

What are you using? The default camera program of the N900 creates valid JPEG images with valid JFIF metadata.

EDIT: Do this test: download a big picture (+2 MB) from the Internet to your phone and send it through Yappari. It will work.

Are you using a custom camera application or something?

EDIT 2: I just took a 5MP picture with the camera (High Resolution) it was 1.2 MB and send it through Yappari without any problems at all.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-10-13 at 13:39.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
we use yappari under 3g and most of the time we have 200mb limit (1mb =8 cents)
It will be a great idea to compress the images/resize before submitting.
I always feel that transferred images on whatsapp are smaller either way.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ colombian
este es el link de la ultima actualizacion de yappari deb cierto?
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ree/y/yappari/

Originally Posted by UPTCDIEGO View Post
este es el link de la ultima actualizacion de yappari deb cierto?
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ree/y/yappari/
Sí, correcto.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
We already told you that the size limit of WhatsApp is 12 MB and nobody can reproduce your problem. I think the problem is the program you use to create those pictures (which are invalid, maybe they don't have a correct JFIF metadata or something). When you resize it, you create a NEW VALID image.

I'm sure that if you resize it to an image bigger than 600 KB it still works since you're creating a NEW VALID image.

Remember WhatsApp reject your images with INVALID FORMAT not with an error about the size.

What are you using? The default camera program of the N900 creates valid JPEG images with valid JFIF metadata.

EDIT: Do this test: download a big picture (+2 MB) from the Internet to your phone and send it through Yappari. It will work.

Are you using a custom camera application or something?

EDIT 2: I just took a 5MP picture with the camera (High Resolution) it was 1.2 MB and send it through Yappari without any problems at all.
hey fellow I will explain to you

am using only N900 camera and it is not sending more than 600 kb be only after i use picture editor from mobile it is sending

no matter what 3 or 5 MP

I have tried many time

Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
hey fellow I will explain to you

am using only N900 camera and it is not sending more than 600 kb be only after i use picture editor from mobile it is sending

no matter what 3 or 5 MP

I have tried many time
It does not happen to me, I can't fix something I can't reproduce.

I don't know why your camera produces invalid pictures. You don't need to resize them with the picture editor, just save it again so the picture editor saves a valid image and it will send, no matter the size.

I can't fix something I can't reproduce and I don't really want to send low quality pictures.

Install CSSU with the new camera-ui program.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ colombian
ok ahora si lo tengo todo!!!

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I don't understand why this is a problem for you. If you start typing the button becomes the "Send" button and the microphone icon disappears, and if you press it, it's just send.
Yes, you are right - it seems to happen when the OS is stuck and isn't responding for some time. Pressing the "Sent" button several times (without noticing the phone being stuck) sends several short recorded messages. The software still recognizes the button press but the "Sent" button changing to "voice note" button is not displayed as the phone/what's displayed is stuck.

Another problem I've noticed when sending a picture:
Picture is sent correctly and displayed on the other phone in the chat. As soon as the person clicks on it for full view another old picture is displayed sent way ago. That happenes on an android- and an iOS-receiving phone with whatsapp.

Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Another problem I've noticed when sending a picture:
Picture is sent correctly and displayed on the other phone in the chat. As soon as the person clicks on it for full view another old picture is displayed sent way ago. That happenes on an android- and an iOS-receiving phone with whatsapp.
Can't reproduce. Just sent a picture to an Android and the thumb looks ok and when I click the picture, the full screen picture looks ok too.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp