Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Hi All

I got my phone from Voda and due to lack of updates i flashed it with a Vanilla version of 1.2 everything has been working fine and i have been gettin app updates no problems how ever i cant see the new 1.3 update, i have tried nokia software updater and OTA and OVi what ever i do i just cant see the update My version is 10.2010.19-1.203.1

When i try to update via nokia updater it says i have the latest version ( can some one help me here i dont really want to go through the whole flashing process as i have apps i have paid for etc etc.

Thanks Guys

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It's not been released for the UK (firmware 203/205) yet. You either need to wait or reflash with the global generic (MR0) firmware.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
There is no UK upgrade and no flash .bin either... you people outside Europe shouldn't get a special version anyways... "Global" should be fair enough!

Means you are up for flashing the global version or wait till there is an UK release (it is the only missing btw)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
There is no UK upgrade and no flash .bin either... you people outside Europe shouldn't get a special version anyways... "Global" should be fair enough!
I agree entirely - if only someone could tell us why there is a special version, we could make an informed decision. Unfortunately nobody from Nokia seems to be prepared to provide any information about why the various versions exist, and what the differences are.

How annoying, Do we know how long until a UK version is released ? im not that keen on reflashing again. Surely it cant take that much longer ?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
About two weeks

ah thanks sellout i can wait )