Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
alright, so it has regtfully happened, i got my first scratch on my beautiful N900... it's so frustrating because i can't find a single place in the UAE that sells screen protectors, and i've been looking even before i bought the phone. anyways in the mall i found this scratch remover; it's some sort of paste that you apply on the screen and it's supposed to work it's magic. what got me worried is that it says not to apply it on touchscreens. this product is old, i've seen it ages ago way before phones had touchscreens. so my question is this: should i give it a shot or not? any of you guys are more experienced in this area or have an alternative?
oh yeah the product is called DISPLEX

Hi A77alistic. If I were you, I'd not buy that product. It will probably fix the scratch, but the touchscreen will be certainly compromised and there will be lots of problems in using it. Trust me, leave it in the shop.

I have 2 tiny scartched on my N900 .. i have done some searching and came up with 2 options:

idrop's Some one at XDA-Developers claimed he used it on HTC tilt and fuze and it worked perfectly.

Novus is another solution that should also work.

I have ordered the Idrops and once i use it i will tell you about the results

I tried some of that scratch-removing paste on a screen protector I used with N900. It didn't do much to remove scratches, and it made it kinda milky and less clear than before.

I had previously used it on the hard plastic case screen of my Nokia 6230 non-touch screen, and there it worked beautifully in removing scratches and polishing up the screen.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by timooz View Post
I have 2 tiny scartched on my N900 .. i have done some searching and came up with 2 options:

idrop's Some one at XDA-Developers claimed he used it on HTC tilt and fuze and it worked perfectly.

Novus is another solution that should also work.

I have ordered the Idrops and once i use it i will tell you about the results

sounds like it should help, plz let us know if it works for you... also if you can, would you mind taking a before and after of your scratched screen...

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
thanks for the quick reply guys and for the advice, i'll refrain from using the displex paste... don't want to mess up my n900
i love this forum and the n900, opened the thread from my phone and the forum displayed on it great
again, thanks for the replies, and i look forward to timooz's findings

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
sounds like it should help, plz let us know if it works for you... also if you can, would you mind taking a before and after of your scratched screen...
Sure will , but it will take some time as i have just made the order and it should take around 10 days to be delivered.

The Following User Says Thank You to timooz For This Useful Post:
Hi I replied to you in my post with the protector I use, http://www.zagg.com/

It might be worth a try getting an invisible shield or a clarivue to hide the scratch.

I bought a used ipod touch and a used iphone. Both had scratches on the screens, applying those zagg shields really did help hide the scratches, they are now almost unnoticeable....

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Honolulou
I managed to put 2 small scratches on my screen i'm guessing from the stylus, 2 days before the clarivue came in. After applying the screen protector I can't see the scratches anymore and the screen is stiffer, more like iphone's capacity screen stiff. Still very responsive.

BTW, I would stay away from those rubber screens like zaggs and invisible shield etc... they grab your stylus. Just my opinion...

Last edited by h4w4ii4n; 2009-12-29 at 18:57.

I think everyone has a different experience, since I ordered my invisible shield reading posts about the stickiness with the stylus etc. I found the stylus works surprisingly well with the invisible shield on. Having used the stylus with the shield off and on, can't really say it's any "stickier" or harder to use. I am just talking about regular use such as when browsing sites etc. using the stylus. Did not try drawing stuff in the sketch application...

The Following User Says Thank You to woodyear99 For This Useful Post: