Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Have you got any inputs or information that you can share re HP TouchPad?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/ta...-1226086077039

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Have you got any inputs or information that you can share re HP TouchPad?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/ta...-1226086077039
Other than thinking of buying (and trying before) one...?

Not yet.

The problem will all current tablet products (with good tablet interface) is the non-existent multiuser functionality... Simply having multiple user profiles secured with passwords you need to logon after device start, and I would instantly buy this device...

Though as it looks like currently, the first one to provide this would be Windows 8. And I'm not counting some crappy x86 Tablets with shitty build quality and the need of fiddling around with some custom Ubuntu/etc. installation.

Last edited by marrat; 2011-07-02 at 09:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
The problem will all current tablet products (with good tablet interface) is the non-existent multiuser functionality... Simply having multiple user profiles secured with passwords you need to logon after device start, and I would instantly buy this device...
While it doesn't support multiple profiles, it at least supports multiple accounts through synergy (I'm happy for my wife's calendar and mine to show up overlaid, especially when they can be shown/hidden easily) and also supporting multiple facebook logins (separate cards). If there is a twitter app that also support multiple logins, then it's pretty close for what I would want for sharing in a family.

I'm really tempted to grab one - it's the closest thing to what a Maemo tablet could be, without actually running Maemo! Excellent multitasking, VOIP (including Skype) built-in and a true Linux base are all the things that pulled to Maemo - having all of these on WebOS 3.0 with the addition of Synergy sound like the next best step.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Enyo is really nice to develop with, you can even use your browser.

Oversized and overpriced for what it is, same as the fruity version. Interested in the Pre 3 though.

Acts identically to RIM's Playbook, except in a larger size and a cheaper-feeling chassis.

Just go through youtube videos and some certified reviews. So far I think its a dud, and probably has less developer potential than Honeycomb tablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: