Closed Thread
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
@zdanee

hmmm.. thanks for suggesting... tried installing/uninstalling things and yeah... it says that the packages have unmet dependecies... would reinstall FAM solve this issue? cause if I'd have to live with HAM only, erm... i think you know what I mean

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
When i click the details on Maemo 5 Community SSU it shows me problems with application packages missing listed as hildon-desktop (>= 1:2.2.142-4) & in summary it tells me that I require Nokia PC suite to continue installation

How do i solve these two problems as i would love to test this..??
Try apt-get -f upgrade in xterminal

The Following User Says Thank You to Alastor89 For This Useful Post:
Or check pinned packages in /etc/apt/preferences
Unpin packages to update them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Setting qtm-maemo-metapackage to manually installed should fix the autoremover stuff. I also set dsme-thermalobject-surface and libqt4-translations as manually installed as the autoremover tried to remove them as well.

"apt-get install qtm-maemo-metapackage dsme-thermalobject-surface libqt4-translations" marks them as manually installed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Alastor89 View Post
I solved the problem by reflashing PR 1.3 by nokia ovi suite, then I've downloaded the community update...

But today the problem was re-presented...

After I installed the community update (in clean phone) I've installed the enhanced kernel and the maemodder,

I've received an update notification by the community ssu and I wasn't able to install the update cause it ever says the error message " To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use nokia pc suite on your pc".

There is a way to solve this whitout flashing other times ?

Thank you for your work.

Sorry for my bad english..
It is always important to read everything in an howto!!! Read also what could go wrong before you start!
The Details tab in HAM shows what the blocking the update, the Nokia Error is misleading. Most of the time the blocking is caused by some modification by maemodder or by following earlier howtos about installing modified-hildon-desktop.
Some blocking issues that persist after the removal of modified-hildon-desktop and installation of common hildon-desktop are triggered by a crippled file /etc/apt/preferences.
Read the content of this important file for the blocking parts, which just contains two-liners instead of blocks of three lines. A valuable record in this file consists of the following lines:
Code:
Package: SomePackageName
Pin: SomeDistributionHere
Pin-Priority: ANumberHere
While the offending trash looks like this
Code:
Pin: SomeDistribution
Pin-Priority: SomeNumber

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-01-30 at 11:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
Or check pinned packages in /etc/apt/preferences
Unpin packages to update them.
Yeah i had pinned it..how do i unpin it?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@Mentalist

Yeah you can run "killall" command to kill hildon-home and reboot hildon-home afterward but the whole point of this is Hildon-home should not becoming unstable after a few days of usage or idle. It should be staying smooth and the same as fresh reboot.

My device only got one widget on the desktops. So I don't see why it should crap out after 48hours. The widget i'm using is the media player widget which pretty much Nokia's own. Unless you're saying Nokia's widget is crappily written in python without proper testing then I don't know what to say.

I reflashed my device twice in a week but the problem seems to exist after the device uptime is longer than 2days.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Just remove the name of the packages that you want to unpin from the file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
after fiddling around in xterm for awhile,
realised that there are two things that occur:

Name:  Screenshot-20110130-184928.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  24.9 KB

the first one appears to be a list of things that they say to be unneeded anymore... so? uninstall? purge? or let it be?

Name:  Screenshot-20110130-185039.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  24.1 KB

it always seems to recognise that hildon-desktop needed to be upgraded when running either apt-get -f install or apt-get autoremove...

is that how it's supposed to be?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
@zdanee

hmmm.. thanks for suggesting... tried installing/uninstalling things and yeah... it says that the packages have unmet dependecies... would reinstall FAM solve this issue? cause if I'd have to live with HAM only, erm... i think you know what I mean
Try to get things straight
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install -f
If this is not sufficient do
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
to start the configuration of the packages, that are stuck.

EDIT:Fixed the options for dpkg command

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-01-30 at 11:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade