Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Bada 2.0.1 is just around the corner.

http://www.gsmarena.com/bada_201_os_...-news-2720.php

Totally rewamped and full multitasking (at last)

Nothing else to say except - Bada Rox

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
It looks like......Gingerbread.......on the Galaxy SII....yet with the font from the Memoir....

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
Cant they think up better names?

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
It looks like......Gingerbread.......on the Galaxy SII....yet with the font from the Memoir....
Samsung use the same UI on all phones. The difference with Bada vs Android is that Bada is much faster and smoother and instead of 2 days battery life you have 2 weeks (a month standby, but of course dependent on use).

It looks better then android to me but where did you get those battery life numbers from, they seem far fetched?

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
It looks better then android to me but where did you get those battery life numbers from, they seem far fetched?
I have had my Wave for half a year now, and the numbers are ballpark from experience, but you can also read them in the specs. But they are very dependent on use, the Wave has a 1 GHz processor, and at full throttle it drains battery like the best of them. The difference is that Bada use a real OS, not a bloated *UX meant for servers. The point is, Bada is not extremely good on battery life, Android/Maemo etc is extremely bad, to the point of lunacy.

However, 2.0 comes with full multitasking, so I would expect battery life to be somewhat less, but not much and more dependent on use cases.

From GSMArena:

Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 600 h (2G) / Up to 550 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 15 h (2G) / Up to 7 h (3G)
Music play Up to 35 h

My experience is that standby on 3g is a bit less.

Thats all nice and dandy, but i doubt i'd get more then 24 hours of battery life with my usage pattern on any smartphone on the market atm and you are throwing out numbers like 2 weeks? Seems like a wild exaggeration to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The omia HD also had very good battery life. 3 days is pretty easy with some calls, a couple hours browsing every day, notes and calendar,
And the phone has about the same specs as the N900.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The omia HD also had very good battery life. 3 days is pretty easy with some calls, a couple hours browsing every day, notes and calendar,
And the phone has about the same specs as the N900.
Yeah, and had Symbian

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, ericblow, ericsahole, no it does not, op is the fail